The Report

So tonight is the report and I'm supposed to be performing on live television.

My maids picked out this red bedazzled dress for the report. They get me ready and they straighten my hair. It just hangs loose. They do some natural makeup and I start walking to the studio. When I walk in Marlee comes running up to me. We've gotten to be pretty good friends. "Come on!" she exclaims. "Marlee I don't even know where I am supposed to sit, " I say. "Sylvia told us. From left to right it's Celeste, Kriss, you, me, Elise, and Celia!" she explains. I nod and follow her. Sylvia hands me my microphone. I have a band backing me up tonight. I'm singing Say Something and You are the Reason. After I finish the songs the room erupts into applause and Gavril walks over to me to interview me. "Hello Lady America, " he greets. "Hello, Gavril." He asks me a few questions and then I head to my room. I go out onto my balcony and enjoy the view. "Miss?" Anne calls out. "Yes, " I reply. "Someone came by with some medicine you are supposed to take, " she asks in bewilderment. "Oh yes. Thank you, " I say and put it in my huge closet. A knock comes at the door and Lucy hurries over to open it. "Is America here?" a voice asks. "Yes your Highness, " she says. "May I speak with her?" Maxon asks. Lucy turns to me as if asking permission. I nod. "Yes, " she says. Of course, all my maids leave. "What's up?" I ask. "I've just had a long day and I was hoping that you would sing me a song, " he says. "Of course, anything you want to talk about?" I say. "One girl told me she might not be the best fit for me and I don't want to send her home yet because then I'll be down to four. Once I get down to three I have to know who I want to marry, " he rants. "Oof, which girl?" I ask. "Celia." "Oh, " I say. Alright, there is no hope for me and Aspen. I feel like sobbing until my eyes fall out. "What is your home province?" he asks. "Carolina." "And Celia is from there. She is his sister, isn't she?" I nod solemnly. "I'm sorry." "It's fine is was a long shot anyway." We walk to my music studio and I play him a song on the piano. When I finish he claps for me. "Do you think after the selection is over you would stay here?" he asks. "You have to ask your wife about that, "I remind. "All those girls out there love you. I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem, " he says and he sits next to me a little to close in my opinion. "I'll consider it, " I promise. "Well I better be off, " he says. "Ok, goodnight." "Goodnight my dear." "I am not your dear." We both go to bed. I can't sleep. Why am I not more upset about Aspen? Forget about Aspen. You don't need him, America. I forgot to take my medicine so I get up to take that. I think I might just take a walk around the castle. Maybe I'll get some fresh air. I walk outside. To be honest I'm surprised the guards let me out. Oh, wait! Maxon and I were talking about how I loved being in the gardens so he said he would let the guards know. I sit out in the gardens. A guard comes to advise me it's not wise to be out this late. I only plan on staying out but one more minute. I just realized I never changed into my pajamas. I feel a sharp pain in my upper chest right by my shoulder. I look down and see blood. I've been shot. I fall to the ground. I hear someone yell "Rebels!" I feel very light-headed. Someone that I don't recognize comes over to me. "America, stay awake please, " a boy about my age says. He picks me up and runs inside. I recognize that we are on the third floor. "Hey!" a guard shouts at him. He stops in his tracks. "Who are you?" the guard yells. "I'm one of the rebel's sons, " he says. "Help her please, " he begs. "Follow me, " the guard hesitates. I'm just kinda limp in his arms. "Where are we going?" the boy asks. "Somewhere you have to swear you will never tell anyone if you do I promise Lady America will end up dead, " the guard says. "I won't tell I promise, " he says. It's the royal family safe room. I'm guessing they are bringing me down here because this is where the doctor is. They have a little room here for injured people. "America?!" Celia says and runs over. All the selected and Maxon come running over here. I'm kinda surprised. I hear one of the guards explain to Maxon who the boy is. "Make sure he is well-taken care of, " Maxon instructs. The boy places me in the room in the hospital bed. I blackout.
Maxon's POV...
As soon as I see America limp on someone's arms I freak out. I don't want anyone to know but I really like her. I couldn't bear if she died. I wish she was in the selection. I wonder if she feels the same way about me that I do for her. She didn't seem too fazed by not being with Celia's brother. I wonder why that guy saved her though. I mean he is the kin to a rebel. Don't they want anyone here dead? I need a word with him. When he comes out of the mini hospital room I approach him. "Your Highness, " he says with a bow. "What's your name?" I ask. "Griffin but people call me Griff, " he replies. "Why did you save her? Don't southern rebels want to see us all dead?" "You forgot something I'm only a son of a rebel. That doesn't mean I am one." "So the rebels still bring you along?" "They don't know what I do when I'm here." "They didn't see you bring her up here?" "The ones that got that far got shot." "What's your caste?" "Oh um I'm a 7." "How old are you?" "19." "How would you like to be a 2. You could work here as a guard, " I offer. "Are you serious?" "Yes." "Of course thank you!" "What's your last name so I can put you in the system?" "Trains, sir." I nod. "Get some rest, " I say motioning to one of the cots. Marley and Celia come running up to me. "Is she going to be okay Maxon!" they ask. "I don't know let me check, " I say. I walk into the room after knocking. "How is she?" I ask. "I fixed the wound but she hasn't regained consciousness yet, " Dr. Ashlar explains. I nod and walk out to tell Marlee and Celia. They freak out. A guard comes to let us out because the rebels left. I didn't want to leave America but I had to.

Will America survive? Will Maxon confess everything to her? What will happen next? Stay tuned for new chapters coming soon!! Please comment your thoughts on this chapters!