Christmas

Anne opens the door and guess who. It's Maxon. She lets him in and they all scurry off. "Whats up Maxon?" He walks over to me and kisses me. After a minute I pull away. "No Maxon." "No what?" "We can't just keep pretending that this can happen. We can't be together so why even trick ourselves into thinking that we can." "America please?" He grabs my hands. "No Maxon. You should focus on finding a wife, not me." Tears start to fall down my cheeks. "Do you have feelings for Griffin is that what this is about?" "I do but that's not what this is about. Please leave." "America I-" "No Maxon don't say it." He leaves as I had asked. Then another knock comes at my door. I dry my tears and answer it. It's Griffin. "America I saw Maxon leave here and he looked upset are you okay?" "That dance was nothing more than a dance. I told him to stop focusing on me we can't be together. It's not right to fool ourselves into thinking we can happen." "I'm sorry." " It's fine. Griffin, do you have feelings for me?" "Yes." He kisses me and I don't pull away. His hands are in my hair and mine are on his cheeks. "I like you a lot, " he says when our lips finally part. I smile. We talk for a while and then he says, " I should go." "See you tomorrow, " I say. "See you, " he says and kisses me goodbye. I like him I really do and he's handsome. He's sweet and brave. I just didn't feel the same with him as when I'm with Maxon. Ugh, get Maxon out of your head America!! It's not going to happen. I go to bed not even wanting to think about boys now. Anne wakes me up at 5:00 in the morning so I can get ready for this morning. It's Christmas and I'm away from my family.

They made a beautiful red dress for me

They made a beautiful red dress for me. Once they finish doing my hair and makeup. It's almost time to go downstairs to the ballroom. We get breakfast in our rooms before we go. So I eat and then head off to the ballroom. "Merry Christmas America!" all the girls yell when I walk in. "Merry Christmas!" I say. I see Griffin and we smile at each other. I mouth, "Merry Christmas." He does the same. "Merry Christmas ladies!" the king and queen say as they walk in. We all chime back, "Merry Christmas." I sneak off to the back of the room while they open their presents. All the girls are huddled around Maxon. Marlee motions for me to come to sit with them. I shake my head no. Griffin walks over to me. "Merry Christmas, " he says. "Merry Christmas." "You still like him, don't you?" "What?" "Maxon, you still like him?" "No that's over." "America you can't just throw away your feelings as if they were never there." "Griffin I can't be with him don't you understand that." "America have you even asked if it was possible?" " It's not." "You should get back to work." "Ok." He walks away. It turns out they didn't need me to sing so I start walking to my room.
Maxon's POV...
America she left. Where is she? "I'll be back, " I say. "Where are you going?" my mom asks. "I just need to find somebody." "You like her don't you?" "Who?" "America." "I love her." "Don't let her get away." "But she's not in the selection." "If you love her it doesn't matter." I run out of the room and down the hall and find her. "America!" She turns around. "Maxon..." "I love you America. You and I that's all that matters to me. Us being together." "No." Well, that's not what I had hoped she would say. She starts to walk but grab her arm. "America-" "Maxon please I'm going to my room. Please don't follow me." Tears fall down her cheeks and she runs to her room. I walk back to the ballroom and when I enter all the girls rush over to me. "We have a plan, " Celeste says. "What?" I ask confused. "To get you and America together!" Marlee says. "Why would you do that?" "Because you two are meant to be together, " Kriss says. "Heres the plan. Marlee, Kriss, and I will talk to her and record the conversation. We are going to find out if she loves you. If she does would you want to propose?" Celia explains. "Yes." "Alright well we are going to go down to the gardens and tell her to meet us down there. The garden will be decorated with a floral arch and rose petals and candles. We will form a line blocking all of that from her view and we'll tell her none of us what to marry you. She'll probably be confused so then we will step aside revealing you and you'll well propose, "Celeste says. "Thank you, " I say. "Our pleasure. You two are going to be the ultimate power couple!" Elise says.
America's POV...
Not waiting for an answer Celia, Marlee, and Kriss come into my room. We talk for a little while. "Who do you like, America?" Marlee asks. "Nobody, " I lie. "America?" Celia says. "Fine I don't like anybody and that's the truth." "Do you love Maxon?" Kriss asks. "What does that have to do with anything?" I ask. "You are avoiding the question, " Marlee says. "I love Maxon alright guys." They rush out of the door like lunatics after they tell me to change into my favorite dress and meet them in the garden in one hour.

So I put my favorite dress on which is a pretty purple

So I put my favorite dress on which is a pretty purple. When the time is up I walk down to the garden. I walk outside to see the Elite in a line. Griffin is standing next to them. "Guys, what's going on?" I ask. "None of us love Maxon, " Elise blurts out. "Oook..." I say. "What does that mean?" I ask. They smile and part standing on each side of this beautiful archway with flowers and candles and Maxon. "That means I still need a wife. I didn't find one in the selection, but the selection brought her here. There is only one girl who stole my heart from the moment I laid eyes on her. See this girl I love doesn't think we can be together. You don't just let love go. This girl America is you. I love you and I can't even imagine spending my life without you in it. Will you marry me?" Maxon says. He gets down on one knee while holding one of my hands. Tears are streaming down my face my other hand is covering my mouth. I look at the Elite and they nod approvingly. Then I look at Griffin and he smiles and nods. I look back to Maxon and I say, "Yes Maxon. I will marry you." He smiles and slides the ring on my finger. He picks be up and kisses me. I see my family come running over. Where were they? Then the king and queen come over. "I love you America, " Maxon says. "I love you too, " I say. May comes crashing into me. "You're engaged, Ames!!" she says. "I am, " I say. She looks up at Maxon, "He looks even better in person, " May whispers. Maxon laughs a little. "Congrats America!" my mom and dad say. "How did you guys get here so quickly?" I ask. "Well when Prince Maxon called your father to ask for his permission to propose he also had us on the first flight over, " my mom says. I look at Maxon and smile. "Please call me Maxon, " he says. Gerad hugs me. Jenna, holding her newborn Astra, and her husband James comes out of the trees. "Congratulations!" Kenna says. I hug them both. Then Kota comes out of the bushes. Oh no his presence is never good. "Congrats sis, " Kota says. The king and queen congratulate us. "America the ex-elite came up with all of this, " Maxon says. I turn to them and they smile. I run over to them and we collapse in a group hug. "Thank you, " I breathe. I thank Griffin as well and we hug. Maxon has been talking to my family. When I walk back over there I hear Kota talking about me and my parents are talking to Maxon's parents. May is hanging with the ex-elite and Gerad is hanging with Griffin. "I'm surprised she actually got a one nevertheless the prince. I thought she would have married an eight, to be honest. I had the brains to go out on my own and buy my way up to a four." Kota says. Maxon staring at him like he's crazy, which he is. I walk over fuming. "That's because I marry for love and not a number and you left us, Kota! All you care about is getting to the top of the castes!!" I yell and slap him. He puts one of his hands around my neck. "Don't you dare talk to me like that!" Kota yells. "That is enough Kota!" Maxon says and he comes to get me out of his grip when Kota pushes him back. He falls over a bench when he stumbles back. Guards come rushing over they help Maxon up and a few of them have their guns drawn and pointed at Kota. Griffin pulls me back by Maxon. "Your Highness what would you like to do?" Griffin asks Maxon. Maxon turns to me. "Get him out of here, " I say. He nods and goes with some guards to escort him off the premise. I lean into Maxon and rest my head on his chest. He wraps his arms around me and asks, "Are you, okay darling?" "Yeah. Merry Christmas, " I say. "Merry Christmas." Everyone goes off to bed. The elite will be leaving in the morning except for Marlee. She's got her eye on a guard, Carter Woodwork. My family is staying the night since they'd have to fly back home.

What ups and downs will happen during their engagement? Comment your thoughts on the story and if you have any ideas. I promise you'll get credit!! Love y'all!!