One Bullet

I wake up and it's the day after my coronation. Maxon and I's honeymoon isn't until next week. I moved into the princess suite last night. Today I'm going to work out with the guards. So I get dressed in my workout gear. I finally have a six-pack which I'm super excited about. I finish doing my hair and I walk out to find my belt, which I don't really need but I wear it anyway. I put my belt on and someone's arms wrap around me and I get a kiss on the neck. "Good morning my beautiful wife, " I hear Maxon say into my neck. "Good morning sweetie, " I say turning around, Maxon's arms are still around me. "I'm going to go work out with the guards okay?" "Alright." He kisses me and then I walk outside to see the guards. They all bow when I walk out and I hear a chorus of, "Your Highness." "Please that's not necessary, " I say. Our work out was cut short when we heard a gun go off. The alarm went off and I was surrounded by guards. They try to get me to the safe room but a swarm of rebels came in and they had to handle them. So I run all away to the royal family floor and someone grabs me and puts a gun to my head. "Where is the royal family!" the voice demands. "I don't know, " I say which isn't a lie. Guards come running along with Maxon. They point their guns at the rebel. "You shoot or take another step I shoot her. You don't get rid of the castes I'll go on a killing rampage." Maxon looks terrified. So does Griffin, Aspen, and Tanner-all guards I've become friends with, and of course they are some of the guards here. "You can't tell us what to do, " I whisper. He throws me against the wall and holds me there with one hand around my neck and the gun pointed at me. He's kind of to the side of me so he can still see the guards. I give Maxon a weak smile. I mouth, "You will be fine." He shakes his head. "Stop that!" the rebel yells hitting me in the stomach. Mason looks more pained than I do. I try to grapple at him and he notices the cane marks on my arms. "What are these?" he asks. "None of your business, " I snap. "You've been a bad girl, " he accuses. "No I haven't!" "Oh then your husband hasn't been too kind to you has he." That's it! I am seething. I manage to hit him in the face and he let's go of me. The guards shoot at him but he shoots at me. They all succeed. He shoots me in the chest. Maxon rushes over to me and catches me as I fall back. "America!" he exclaims. I see the guards turn towards us. They look petrified. The rebel is dead. I hear Maxon say something but I can't really hear much. I feel lightheaded. Griffin picks me up and brings me to the hospital wing. King Clarkson ordered a guard to get Maxon into the safe room.
Maxon's POV...
As soon as I'm allowed out of the safe room and I bolt to the hospital wing to see America. She's not there! Where is she? "Where's America! Where's my wife!" I call out. "You are looking too hard!" a voice calls. I turn to the voice. It's America. "She's in the hospital wing, " she says. I roll my eyes and run to her. I kiss her, hard. "Glad to see you found her, " she says. "How are you?" "Sore. Other than that fine. You have very good doctors here. I think I might stay awhile." "You are crazy you know." "I know." A maid gives her more medicine to take. "Yuck more?" "Yes, miss." She takes it. "What was it for?" "The soreness." She nods.
America's POV...
Maxon and I walk to my room and hang out on the balcony. We watch the sunset and another knock comes at my door. Mary answers it and it's the entire royal guard. They brought me flowers. "Oh my goodness guys, " I say baffled. "We heard you were feeling better so we brought these for you, " Griffin says. "You guys are too much!" "Group hug!" I yell. Maxon just watches us. We talk for a little while and then they leave. "They are so sweet, " I say. "You really care for them don't you?" Maxon asks. "Yeah it's like having a lot of brothers." We sit in silence for a few minutes. "What made you finally hit the rebel?" Maxon asks. "I didn't care if he talked about me or anything but when he said you did this to me I snapped, " I say gesturing at my forearms. He simply nods.

What will happen next? Comment your thoughts on the chapter that you think will happen and if you have any ideas. Also, you will get credit for any! Please vote and I love reading your comments!