I...

Maxon's POV...
My dad comes in to discuss details for our Christmas party tonight. "America will perform a few songs of course, " he says. "Wait she's awake?" I ask. "Yes she's been in her room. She woke up a few hours ago, " he says. "Ok, " I say. He leaves and I walk to America's room. I knock and Mary answers and lets me in. "She is in her musical wardrobe, " she hints. They all leave. I knock on her left wardrobe and she lets me in. "Hey, " she says. "Hello, " I respond. "How are you feeling?" "A little sore but whatever medicine they have been giving me works like magic!" "I'm glad you are feeling better."
America's POV...
Maxon and I sit on the couch and talk for a few minutes. "I thought you were still unconscious. How dare you not tell me, " he says with a laugh at the end. "Sorry, " I say smiling. We are so close to each other our faces only a few inches apart. To my surprise, he kisses me and I pull away. "Oh I'm sorry America, " he apologized. "No it's fine I was just surprised that's all. It was a nice surprise, to be honest, " I say. "Maxon this can't happen. I'm not in the selection." "I don't care about that America. The selection is overrated anyway." I kiss him knowing we can't be together. "I've liked you since the start didn't you know that. I thought I was too obvious, " he says. " I had no idea." "I like you too Maxon." He smiles. "Oh whatever happened to that boy that saved me?" I ask. "Oh his name is Griffin Trains. He said to call him Griff though. He's 19 and a 7. I was able to put him in the system as a guard so he shall be one. His parents were found last night. They were killed." I just nod my head. "I have to go. It's running time with the guards. Maxon? Do you think I would be able to ever be a guard?" "You realize that would make you a two so you wouldn't be able to sing anymore." "Oh that's right." "I will see what I can do though." He leaves and I grab my combat boots, my navy blue pants that are similar to the guard's pants, and my black workout top(it's like a sports bra but it covers where I need it to). I pull my hair back into a ponytail and when I get to where the guards are I see Griffin(i think). "America!" he calls out. "Hey, Griffin right?" I ask. "Yeah but please everyone calls me Griff." "How are you feeling?" "A little sore. The medicine though is like magic!" "That's good." "Thank you so so much for last night." "No problem. I'm just glad you are okay." Now being able to look at him I see he has blue eyes and blond hair. He's very skinny. Probably lack of food since he was a 7. "I'm sorry about your parents." "Thanks. I'm just glad someone is okay." I blush. "Is there anything I could do for you. I mean I definitely owe you one. You saved my life." "My parents were the first ones to fire so they were the ones that shot you. I'm sorry" "Hey Griff, " I say and put my hand on his shoulder. "As long as you weren't the one that shot it isn't your fault." He gives me a weak smile. "I could have stopped them though." "You can't control others' actions as much as you might want to sometimes you can't." He looks into my eyes and grabs my hand. "Thank you, " he says. "For what?" "Cheering me up." "Anytime." "Hey you two ready?" Officer Brandt yells. We nod. I turn my head slightly to see that Maxon was watching that. He could be hurt, but I honestly don't care. I like him I really do. There is no way we could be together though. I have to stand by and watch him date 5 other girls. He can watch me talk to a few boys. When our work out is done we walk inside. I'm talking to Griffin right now and he tells me a joke. So naturally, I laugh. I turn and there are Maxon and Celia. "Hey America!" Celia calls out. "Hey, " I say. "Who was that?" Celia asks. "Oh that was Griffin. He's a guard." "I gotta go get cleaned up for tonight. See you two later, " I say. We part ways and I hear Celia ask, " Why don't you marry her? It's ever so clear that you like her." Maxon responds with, "I think she likes that guard." "You'll never know unless you ask, " Celia states. I walk into my room and then into my closet wardrobe.

Lucy did my hair in a gorgeous updo

Lucy did my hair in a gorgeous updo. Mary did my makeup and Anne made sure my dress was perfect. They picked some silver sparkly high heels for me to wear. It's only Christmas Eve so tomorrow I am guessing I have to perform as well. When I walk downstairs I see that everyone is either wearing silver, gold, or red. I thought someone else would have been in green. I walk to the stage and I grab my microphone that someone bedazzled. I don't mind. I see Griffin in the crowd. He smiles and waves and I smile back. I sing a few Christmas songs as everyone dances or watches. The people that they brought in to play the instruments I let have a break. I grab my wearable microphone and my acoustic guitar and play a few songs. When the band gets back I let them play some music(no words of course because I'm the singer) and I walk-off the stage to take a break. Celia comes over to me and asks"Do you like him?" "Who?" "Maxon of course." "Why would you want to know something like that?" "All the girls want to know." "Ok if you won't tell me that tell me this do you like Griffin?" "Not as much as I like another but yes I do like him. I cannot be with the one I like more so he's a fantastic option." "Have you ever been in love before you came here?" "Yes." "Who? I promise won't tell America." "Aspen." She gasps. "You and my brother?" I nod. I tell her the whole story. "You are over him now though right?" "Yes." "You said you couldn't be with the one you like more and if it's not an ex or Griffin that means it's Maxon!" she exclaims. "You belong together America!" "Celia I'm afraid that's not how the selection works." "We will figure something out." Celia then rushes over to Maxon. "Will you do me the honor of a dance, America?" Griffin asks. I nod. He pulls me toward the dance floor and turns me around. I'm facing Maxon and he's facing me. Celia and Griffin are staring at the two of us staring at each other. "Maxon ask her to dance, " Celia instructs. I see all the elite staring at us along with the guards. "America would you like to dance with me?" Maxon asks. "Yes." Maxon and I dance for a song and I hear Celia ask Griffin, "You like her don't you?" "Yes but I want to see her happy." At the end of the night, I go to my room and then take my hair down and my makeup off when a knock comes at my door.

Who is it? Will it be Griffin or Maxon? Please comment on your thoughts on my chapter. Or I you have any ideas. I promise I will give you credit for them!!