19 : ancient yet forgotten runes

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

It has been 3 days since Eleni has killed the Beast of Darkness. It also has been 3 days since everyone starts to talk bad about her.

It has been a day since the school's very first ball for this school year has been announced and everyone was getting busy preparing.

Even though, the ball is next week. Students are acting like the ball is on the next day.

Eleni is still on the choice of not wanting to go to the ball since it's a... well, complete waste of time.

Also apparently, she found out that each ball has a theme. The theme of the first ball is masquerade and Eleni finds that not suitable for her at all.

Eleni has decided to get out of her dorm for the first time since the day has started.

It was already noon and she was dreading to go back to her dorm room after all the stares thrown at her.

She exits the school grounds, sighing in relief when she notices no one giving her weird stares or glares.

She can finally enjoy her rest day without any negativity thrown and rubbed on her face.

She starts to walk down the sidewalks of the city. Her doing some window shopping as she passes by the shops.

There are shops for everything a person could imagine.

From fashion to magic wands to extra mana levels and more.

Some would even cross the border and sell exotic things such as the pearls of those deadly black clams that is only found deep into the ocean.

She continues to walk down the sidewalks and notices some students from the school coming out of shops such as dress boutiques or designer shops.

She guesses they're probably shopping for the ball which she still has no interest in.

She continues to walk, entering a shop which caught her attention.

The shop was quite empty but it was full of books, so she guesses it's a bookshop.

"Why hello there!" She softly flinches at the loud voice and turns her head to the side, seeing a smiling man who looked young.

"May I help you, young lady?" He asks, tilting his head and his adorable eye smile being shown at her.

"I'm very curious and interested in what the books here are all about." She asks, nearing herself to the counter.

The man pouts before smiling again.

"Our books here can be either old or recent. Some of our books here are over 100 years old and is preserved with mana." He says,

"They're written in ancient runes, so no one really intended on buying those old books but the recent ones are selling well. Maybe, you could take a look." He continues,

Eleni turns her gaze to the shelves which are just beside the counter.

There are over 10 shelves that go way back to the shop. She pouts, one side of her lips going to the side, earning a smile from the man.

"You can check out the old books in the last three shelves." The man says, pointing at the direction of the shelves.

Eleni sighs and thanks to him before heading her way towards the book.

The man's gaze following the girl's figure before she disappears from his sight.

The man frowning a bit when she doesn't seem to recognize him but it was understandable.

She was never really open to a lot of people in the village. She just says hi and casually talks to them but was never open, except for Youngjae, her brother.

The man sighs, looking at his nametag which was on the side of his desk.

Kang Daniel.

Meanwhile, with Eleni, she delicately takes the old books from its shelves, flipping through the pages.

The ancient runes used were hard to define but Eleni recognized the letters or symbols in her era.

She bites her bottom lip, realizing what the runes have spelt in the book. Her eyes widen when she continues to flip through the pages.

She closes the book and looks at the titles of each book.

The books were saying a lot of things in its pages.

The runes were written in a manner where it's hard to define it, just so they could hide the things their ancestors have discovered.

The runes were not their ordinary and everyday runes. These are runes that were long forgotten and are only being studied by a few, Eleni being one of them.

"Never knew our ancestors could get this dark about their discovery hundreds of years ago." She mutters,

She starts to grab the hundred years old books, carrying them with a delicate touch to not damage them.

She then makes her way to the counter where the man smiled at her as soon as she appeared in his sight.

"You're really going to buy these books?" He asks, checking the books which she has grabbed.

"Yup, they interest me." She says and Daniel smirks, fully aware of the intelligence of the girl.

He casually checks out all the books and puts them in a leather bag. He carefully hands it to Eleni, thanking her for purchasing in his shop.

"Enjoy encoding those books."

◇─◇

Eleni changes into more comfortable clothes after exiting the bathroom. She then exits her room and saw Hyunjin has fallen asleep on the couch.

She softly smiles and pulls the cover to let the sleeping boy stay warm.

She then exits their dorm room.

Her hoodie almost touching her mid-thighs as she leans on the balcony. The students playing around in the main hall once again.

She tilts her head, watching them enjoy their time. Most of them talking about the ball and their excitement for it.

Eleni looks at the huge chandelier, closing her eyes as the image of the ball pops into her head.

Maybe, she should go.

:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆