14: At a long distance of the winter, spring always dances round the corner

♡♡~~~~~~♡♡
The beautiful  dusk set above the city, slowly bringing  her dark cloak down to wrap it around the city, only to engulf it in a winter night with the littlest  amount of stars and the fog blurring out the beauty into darkness in the view, in people's mind and in people's  heart.

In naewons  case, it wasn't the same.

How the dark beauty came to surround the city in an enchanting  manner only to disappear  behind the bright daylight in the morning wasn't how the darkness in naewons heart came.

Darkness held naewon tightly  in her fist, not willing  to disappear  behind her bright mind.

That's what naewon  thought.

But just like the fog, the darkness  could only  blur the brightness in her heart, it couldn't erase it and capture  her.

The negativity clouded the path of her mind to her heart, but not her heart.

Just so the positivity  hidden inside her couldn't  come out to expose herself.

And naewon  needed to clear her path.

She sometimes sits and ridicules herself for the time she was  able to sit in the hospital  bench and say so confidently how she could overcome  the grief.

Well she could because she didnt know the pain was so much more after rather than the time of realization.

But that fact wasn't considerable.

That's how naewon  sits and debates with herself  all day.

Today was an exception.

A time of 30 days had passed after Nahae's  death.
A month.
24 hours each day.
60 minutes each hour.
60 seconds each minute.
And so many days had passed when each second caused pain to her.
Every second she mourned, cried, screamed, dreamt.

She decided not to debate or justify herself today and just remember Nahae and smile.

She felt so surprised how she got used to not doing nahae's  daily routine  for her.

She didn't need to go out to buy nahae's  favourite cereal. There wasn't a weekend Disney movie party. There wasn't the ice cream  day.

She used to experience  fatigue doing all of it, but now she want to do it again, just once with Nahae, for Nahae.
She wanted that fatigue, she wanted the normal life back.

There was a beautiful  shade of violet that created small uneven lines over the orange horizon. The dark orange sun was no longer in sight and streaks of bright  pink mixed in with the soft - looking  clouds. The dark shade of navy came down devouring  the beautiful  sunset as the clouds piled up against each other.

She saw it all from nahae's room and looked back at the one last thick white shiny candle that wasn't  lit but was glowing brighter than any of the lit ones. She clicked the lighter and set the little flame on the baby candle.

She clicked the lighter off, keeping it on her side, shifting her legs to the other side of the floor, snuggling  a bit in her fur coat to find a bit of warmth.

Lastly  she took the baby white candle and put it in its place, as a hot,  salty tear  trickled down her left eye.

Meanwhile  Namjoon  stood in the doorway, silently weeping while taking  a picture the sweet little  surprise, naewon  created  for their late little  sister.

The picture captured a bittersweet moment in a neat room with the dusk visible from its huge glass window, as light blue and slightly  orange light came and rested in one side of the room, the orange covering half of the queen-sized white bed, and the front of it. In the front corner near the window stood a dresser with a mirror.
A television  hung in the wall facing the bed.
And right in front of the bed sat naewon in a carpeted floor, on a white  fur coat that  came to the knees and grey leggings. She sat in front  of a huge heart made of pastel pink baby candles and she was placing a white bright baby candle in the center beside a tall white candle. Namjoon  thought of keeping that picture  to himself forever.

It was his sister creating  a small world of just the two of his sisters and cherishing  it.

And without his other sister beside her, she looked like a withered flower, with its beauty faltering  away in the winter.

But
At the long distance  of winter, spring always  dances  round  the  corner.