Chapter 1.1: Believer

It is night time in the city of Vale. Inside of a store called "From Dust till Dawn" are the Rose twins.

Ever since the first week of school at Signal, Stygian has been very shy and cautious around anyone he doesn't know. He also realized that the world wasn't like the fairy tales. Because of this, Stygian is the more realistic twin while Ruby is optimistic. Stygian is determined to make sure his younger twin stays that way and never has to deal with bullies.

Currently, Stygian has his jacket's hood up and is listening to music(A.N. see above) while looking through mods for shotguns. To his left, Ruby is also listening to music with her cloak's hood up while looking through a magazine.

Rouge: 'Contacts. Eleven male humans approaching the store, I can sense evil intent. Ten carry standard pistols and swords, probably hired grunts. Last one is wearing white and carries a cane, most likely the leader.'

Over the years, Stygian has developed his semblance so that he can communicate with his tamed(Grimm who developed personalities) over long distances. He can also store his tamed and summon them at will instead of summoning them from a different location. Right now, Rouge has shrinked  down to cub-size and is hiding above the door of the store.

Sentinel: 'Hm... does this leader have red hair and a bowler hat?'

Sentinel has become the groups informant and tactician.

Rouge: 'Yeah, why?'

Rouge has become the groups infiltrator and assassin.

Sentinel: 'Then we have a problem. That man is Roman Torchwick, an infamous crime boss. I advise extreme caution.'

Stygian: 'Great, just great. Why is it that something always happens when we're in Vale? Rouge, Fenrir, I want you two on standby.'

Stygian turns off his music and puts his headphones around his neck. The mute faunus watches and listens closely as the criminals enter the store, spreading out around the front as Roman Torchwick steps up to the counter, behind which is the terrified store owner.

Torchwick: Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a Dust shop open this late?

A grunt holds up a pistol to the store owner, who immediately puts his hands up.

Store Owner: P-please. Just take my Lien and leave!

Torchwick(fake kindness): Hush, calm down, we're not here for your money.(drops the facade and turns to his henchmen) Grab the Dust.

The henchmen spread out around the store, filling canisters with Dust. One makes his way to the back. Stygian manages to hide behind a shelf so he isn't seen. The henchman spots Ruby.

Henchman(pulling out sword while approaching Ruby): Alright kid, hands where I can see 'em.

At that moment, Stygian was glad he is mute because otherwise he might have laughed.

Henchman: Hey! I said hands in the air! You got a death wish or something!?

The henchman grabs Ruby's shoulder a makes her turn around, her hood comes down. Stygian silently growls as Grimm armor creeps up his forearms.

Ruby: Huh?

The henchman points to his ear to tell Ruby to take her headphones off, which she does.

Ruby: Yes?

Henchman(agitated): I said put your hands in the air, now!

Ruby: Are you robbing me?