Chapter 1.12: Change Your Life

Stygian and Neo are in an elevator on the way up to Professor Ozpin's office. Neo shifts nervously from one foot to the other. Stygian notices her nervousness.

Stygian: 'Calm down, Neo.'

Neo: 'You're one to talk. Are you even sure your plan will work?'

Stygian: 'Ozpin let me, a fifteen year old mute Grimm faunus, into his school. I'm sure.'

Neo: 'Yeah, but you aren't a former criminal.'

Stygian sighs and takes Neo's hand.

Stygian: 'It'll be fine. Trust me.'

The elevator dings. Stygian squeezes Neo's hand before letting go as the door opens. The duo step into Ozpin's gear-themed office. They immediately see the headmaster sitting behind his desk.

Ozpin(standing up): Ah, Mr. Rose. And who might this be?

Stygian(stepping forward): 'This is my friend, Neo. We need your help with something.'

Ozpin studies Neo, who looks down nervously, before nodding.

Ozpin: Very well. Please, take a seat.

Ozpin sits back down. Stygian and Neo each sit in one of the chairs in front of the desk, before explaining the situation.

Timeskip(brought to you by Yang telling Neo embarrassing stories about Stygian, while said boy tries to stop Yang)

Ozpin: So, you want me to allow Neo to attend my school so that Roman Torchwick can't harm her, and so she can put her skills to good use, correct?

The young couple share a look before nodding.

Ozpin: Very well then. But we will have to test your skills first, of course. Come to Beacon Cliff in three hours for your initiation.

Neo's expression turns surprised, hopeful, and slightly confused. Stygian is also surprised, but worried as well.

Stygian: 'Thank you, Professor.'

The duo leave their chairs and reenter the elevator. Stygian pushes a button and the elevator begins to descend Beacon Tower.

Neo(turning to Stygian): 'What did Ozpin mean by initiation?'

Stygian: 'The initiation is something every student has to go through. It's like a final test to determine if you have the skills to attend Beacon Academy.'

Neo: 'Well, what do you do during the initiation?'

Stygian: 'For me and the rest of the current first years, we were launched off a cliff and into the Emerald Forest. There, we met our partner and had to retrieve a relic before heading back to the cliff. Our performance helped determine our teams.'

Neo: 'That sounds... slightly terrifying and very dangerous.'

Stygian: 'I'm sure you won't have to do something like that.'

Timeskip(brought to you by Fenrir saying "What's the worst that could happen?", before somehow tripping over his own paws and face-planting)

Stygian(rubbing the back of his head): 'It appears I was wrong.'

Neo(glaring at Stygian): 'If I die, I'm coming back to haunt you.'

Stygian and Neo, with her parasol over her shoulder, are at Beacon Cliff. Ozpin and Goodwitch stand before them. Beside the professors are the launch pads that were used during Stygian's initiation.