Short 1: When Stygian's Away

A.N. hey guys, Zap here with a new idea. So I decided to do these little short chapters that are more like mini adventures than anything and won't really affect the main story. This way, you guys won't always be reading something that is based around episodes from the show. Tell me what you guys think.

Inside team RWBYS dorm, Stygian is standing near the door and is facing the Tamed Trio, who are relaxing on the faunus' bed.

Stygian: 'Okay, guys. I'm going to be gone for a few hours because I have to go to Vale to get some new parts for Chaos and Order. Can I trust you three to not cause any trouble? ...I'm looking at you, Fenrir.'

Fenrir: Me? What did I do?

Stygian raises an eyebrow.

Fenrir: Okay fine, I promise not to cause any trouble.

Stygian: 'Good, now I'm off.'

Tamed Trio: Bye Stygian.

Stygian waves and leaves the dorm, closing the door behind him. The moment the door closes, Fenrir grins mischievously and runs over to the dorm's window. He proceeds to somehow open said window, jump out, and land on the ground perfectly fine, as if he didn't just jump from a two-story window.

Rouge(looking out the window and down at Fenrir): Fenrir! Get back here!

Fenrir: Sorry, can't! I'm gonna go have some fun!

Fenrir runs off in the direction of the Emerald Forest. Rouge sighs and jumps out the window to chase after Fenrir. Sentinel watches Rouge chase after her mate. Once she's out of view, Sentinel flies over to Stygian's worktable, pulls out a book on foreign cultures, and starts reading.

Timeskip

Fenrir is standing on top of a pile of dead Beowolves, that somehow haven't dissolved yet, in the middle of a clearing.

Fenrir(singing): I'm king of the castle! I'm king of the castle!

Rouge(running into the clearing): Fenrir...

Fenrir(jumping off the pile and landing in front of Rouge): Yes?

The pile of Beowolves suddenly comes to life and the Grimm run away as if the devil himself was after them. Meanwhile, Rouge smacks Fenrir.

Fenrir: OW!

Rouge: That was for scaring me and not listening to Stygian.

Fenrir: Technically, I haven't caused any trouble yet.

Rouge: I don't care. Now, let's get back to Beacon.

Fenrir(whining): But I don't want to. It's so much more fun around here! And there's an endless amount of Grimm to prank!

Rouge: Fenrir, we're going. Now.

Fenrir(giving Rouge puppy-dog-eyes): Just one prank, please?

Rouge stares at Stygian for a minute, before sighing.

Rouge: Fine, one prank.

Fenrir: Yay! Now, let's go!

Timeskip

Fenrir and Rouge are sitting in a tree overlooking a small clearing. A Beowolf walks through the clearing. When it  reaches the edge of the clearing, its foot is snagged by vines and violently pulled up, leaving it hanging upside down.

Fenrir and Rouge drop from their perch and start laughing. The Beowolf howls and soon its pack of about twenty Beowolves enters the clearing, all glaring at Fenrir and Rouge.

Fenrir: Welp, that's our cue to leave!

Fenrir bolts in the direction of Beacon, Rouge not far behind. The Beowolf pack chase after them, led by the Beowolf that was pranked.

Rouge: Fenrir if we die, I'm going to kill you slowly and painfully!

Fenrir: You wouldn't.(Rouge glares at Fenrir) Or maybe you will... RUN!

Fenrir speeds up. Though if people were watching, they wouldn't be able to tell if he was running from the Beowolves or Rouge.

Timeskip

Fenrir and Rouge climb up a tree, jump through an open window, and land inside team RWBYS dorm. Sentinel looks up from his book, which he was reading by using his talons to carefully turn the pages.

Sentinel: So, how was your trip?

Fenrir: Perfectly fi-

Rouge(cutting Fenrir off): Fenrir almost got us killed when he pranked a Beowolf, causing said Beowolf's pack to chase us.

Fenrir: Hey, you helped!

At this point Stygian walks in.

Stygian: 'Helped with what?'

Rouge/Fenrir(jumping and whirling around to face Stygian): Nothing!

Sentinel(chuckling):Busted.