Short 3: Happy B-day

A.N. Hey guys, Zap here. I know it's been a while, but school has made it hard to get anything written. Also, since it's Halloween (happy Halloween by the way), which means it's October 31st (aka the Rose Twins' birthday). So I thought I'd put this in for you guys. Enjoy!

Stygian and Ruby are in team RWBY's dorm, studying. The rest of team RWBY and Neo are off doing their own thing. When the twin's asked what their friends were doing, they didn't get a definitive answer.

Ruby(putting away her books): Hey, Stygian?

Stygian looks at Ruby and tilts his head.

Ruby: Do you know what today is?

Stygian makes an expression as if he's concentrating on something, before holding up a finger.

Stygian: 'One second.'

Stygian sprints off to his dorm, leaving a confused Ruby. The Grimm Faunus returns shortly after with a box wrapped in red and black wrapping paper.

Stygian: 'Happy birthday, Ruby!'

Ruby smiles and reaches under Weiss' bed, producing a small box wrapped in silver and red wrapping paper.

Ruby: Happy birthday, Stygian!

The twins exchange presents.

Ruby: So, who opens their's first?

Stygian points at Ruby. Ruby nods and opens her present to reveal a new modification for Crescent Rose. What's special about this mod, though, is that it's something Ruby has been wanting for a while but couldn't afford it.

Ruby(hugging her twin): Thank you, Stygian!

Stygian smiles and hugs Ruby back.

Ruby(releasing Stygian): Now, open yours.

Stygian rolls his eyes at his twin's enthusiasm, before unwrapping his present. His eyes widen as a box containing the newest pair of wireless earbuds, a bonus is that they're colored black and silver. Stygian's eyes widen when he sees his emblem on the side of the earbuds.

Stygian: 'How did you even...?'

Ruby: They had an option for customization. Do you like it?

Stygian responds by hugging Ruby, who hugs back.

Ruby(after Stygian releases her): So, what should we do for the rest of the day?

Stygian smirks and pulls up the holo-projector on his modified scroll. A list of activities appears on the hologram.

Stygian: 'I may have a few ideas.'

Timeskip(brought to you by the Rose Twins doing different activities. Such as: going to an arcade, playing video games, and eating all the cookies in a bakery)

After spending the day celebrating, the twins are heading back to their dorms.

Ruby: Well, today was fun, wasn't it?

Stygian nods.

Stygian: 'I do wish we had ran into Neo, Yang, and the others.'

The twins arrive at team RWBY's dorm.

Ruby(opening the door to her dorm): Oh, I'm sure they had something important to-

Team RWBY(minus Ruby): Surprise!

 The twins both jump at the shout. Taking stock of the situation, they see that the inside of team RWBY's dorm has been decorated with some party decorations. A sign reading "Happy Birthday" hangs over the window. Neo, Yang, Weiss, and Blake are scattered about the room.

Ruby: You guys planned a surprise for us?

Yang: Yep, we wanted to surprise you guys.

The twins glance at each other.

Ruby: Thanks guys, we love it!

Stygian nods and smiles.

Yang: Well, you should really thank Neo. She was the one who planned the whole thing.

Neo, who was standing farther back, looks alarmed as a blush forms on her face.

Ruby: Well then, thanks Neo!

Neo smiles and nods. 

As the twins start to converse with the rest of team RWBY, Stygian notices Neo not interacting with anyone. Taking a quick look around, Stygian makes his way over to his girlfriend.

Stygian: 'You okay?'

Neo jumps slightly, before turning to Stygian.

Neo: 'Yeah. I'm fine.'

Stygian raises an eyebrow a Neo.

Neo: 'Okay fine. It's just that... I wasn't able to get you anything. I don't have that much, and I don't know what to get for someone's birthday. So-'

Neo is cut off by Stygian hugging her.

Stygian: 'It's fine, Neo. You being here is enough for me.'

Neo(hugging Stygian): 'Thanks.'

As Stygian releases Neo from the hug, he's surprised when she leans up and kisses him. Blinking away his surprise, Stygian quickly returns the kiss.

Neo(pulling away): 'Happy birthday, Stygian.'

Stygian: 'Thank you, Neo.'

Stygian pulls Neo into a hug, which she happily returns. Neither are aware of team RWBY watching. They are also not aware of Yang taking pictures for black mail purposes.

A.N. Okay, hope you all enjoyed this little short. I also hope everyone had a happy and safe Halloween. Adopted Nikos Vol. 3 should be done soon and then I'll get back to The Grimm Rose.

With that said, Zap out!