Chapter 1.10: I'm So Sorry

Team RWBYS is walking through the city of Vale, Weiss in the lead. Decorations for the upcoming Vytal Festival are everywhere. The team was looking around at all the decorations in wonder... except for Stygian, who was planning on meeting up with Neo.

Ruby(noticing her twin's mood): Hey, Stygian, what's wrong?

Unbeknownst to either twin, Yang observes the conversation.

Stygian: 'Nothing.'

Ruby raises an eyebrow at her twin.

Stygian(rolling his eyes): 'Fine. I was planning on meeting with a friend today.'

Ruby: Who?

Stygian: 'You wouldn't know her.'

Ruby: Her?

Yang(jumping into the conversation): You have a friend, who's a girl, and none of us know her?

Stygian's eyes widen in horror. Yang grins evilly.

Yang: Could this mystery girl be the reason for your odd behavior for the past month?

Stygian rapidly tries to think of a way out of this situation, luckily he is saved by the Ice Queen.

Weiss(unintentionally distracting Yang from Stygian): The Vytal Festival! Oh this is absolutely wonderful!

The three siblings stare at Weiss, unnerved by her unusually upbeat attitude. The team stops walking.

Ruby: I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much, Weiss. It's kinda weirding me out...

Stygian nods in agreement. Both twins slightly lean away from Weiss.

Weiss: How could you not smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances, parades, a tournament! Oh the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breath taking!

The group continues walking.

Yang: You really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring.

Weiss: Quiet you.

Team RWBYS stop as they come upon the docks.

Yang: Remind me again why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting the stupid docks?

Ruby(pinching her nose): Ugh, they smell like fish.

Rouge: 'Mm, fish...'

Stygian mentally chuckles at Rouge's antics.

Weiss: I've heard that students visiting from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today. And as a representative of Beacon, I feel as though it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom.

The group continues walking.

Blake: She wants to spy on them so she'll have the upper hand in the tournament.

Weiss(turning to Blake): You can't prove that.

Stygian spots something and taps Ruby on the shoulder and points at something.

Ruby: What? (looks where Stygian is pointing) Oh.

The rest of the team also look over at where Stygian is pointing. What they see is a shop surrounded by police tape. One of the shop's windows is smashed and the doors are broken. Two detectives stand outside the shop.

Team RWBYS walk up to the crime scene.

Ruby: What happened here?

Detective 1: Robbery. Second Dust shop to be hit this week. (starts walking away) This place is turning into a jungle.