Chapter 1.2: Higher Than High

An airship docks at Beacon Academy, it's doors open to allow students onto the campus. Among these students are twins Stygian and Ruby Rose and their older half-sister Yang Xiao Long. Once they make it off the landing pads, the siblings look around in awe.

Yang/Ruby: Wow.

Stygian: 'This is incredible.'

In front of them is the entirety of Beacon Academy in all its glory.

Yang: The view from Vale's got nothing on this!

Stygian: 'You can say that again... although, I wish there wasn't so many people.'

Ruby sees another student's weapon and goes into what Stygian calls "weapon geek mode".

Ruby: Oh! Oh! Guys! That kid has a collapsible staff! And she's got a fire sword! And look over ther-!

Ruby is cut off by Stygian bonking her on the head.

Ruby: Hey! What was that for!?

Stygian: 'You went into weapon geek mode again.'

Yang: I still don't understand what gets you so excited they're just weapons.

Ruby: Just weapons!?

Stygian sighs and gives Yang a look that says "look at what you started".

Ruby: They're an extension of ourselves! They're a part of us! Oh, they're so cool!

Yang: Well, why can't you swoon over your own weapon? Aren't you happy with it?

Ruby(extends Crescent Rose into scythe-form and holds it over her shoulder): Of course I'm happy with Crescent Rose! I just really like seeing new ones. It's like meeting new people, but better.

Stygian: 'If only weapons could talk, then I wouldn't have to talk to people.'

Yang(pulls her siblings hoods down over their heads): Ruby, Stygian, come on. Why don't you go try and make some friends of your own?

The twins fix their hoods.

Ruby: But why would we need friends when we have you?

Yang: Well, actually, my friends are here now!(a group of people appear behind Yang) Can't talk now, see you later, bye!

Yang runs off with her friends so fast she disorientates her siblings. 

Ruby: Wait! Where are you going!? Are we supposed to go to our dorms? Where are our dorms? I don't know what I'm doing.

Stygian nods along. The twins then stumble and trip over someone's luggage, causing cases to go flying.

???: What are you doing!?

The twins look up to see a girl with white hair, a mainly white outfit, and a rapier at her side standing over them.

Ruby: Uh... sorry.

???: Sorry!? Do you have any idea of the damage you could've caused!?

Ruby: Uh...

Stygian tries to be nice and hand the girl one of the cases, only for it to be snatched out of his hands.

???: Gimme that! This is Dust, mined and purified from the Schnee quarry.

Ruby: Uh...

???: What are you, brain dead!?(takes out a vial of Dust and starts shaking it, spreading Dust into the air) Dust! Fire, water, lightning, energy!