Anxiety Attack

"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." -Marilyn Monroe

Anxiety Attack

Her office is small, the size of a closet, one may say. She sits across from me, her hands folded in her lap. She talks for almost ten minutes, me not contributing anything to the conversation.

I have my eyes on the ground, not focused on what she is saying.

Anna is the only thing on my mind

They're strange, my feelings for Anna, almost as if they are more than friendly emotions.

"Kelsey"

It hadn't dawned on me, why the room had fallen so quiet.

"Ya?" I look down at Anna-Elle's white sneakers, noticing a speck of dirt that bore a slight resemblance to the facial structure of Anna, her sharp cheekbones, and rouned face.

"What are you thinking about?"

She places her left hand snugly under her cheek as she crosses her legs, one over the other.

"Anna" I whisper

I don't mean to say it, and thankfully, she doesn't hear me

She scrunches her forehead as she tilts her head slightly

"Nothing," I say.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been awkward, to say the least. He had eyes the color of the sea, and hair smooth as silk. He was so conventionally attractive, yet, I had absolutely no romantic feelings towards him.

Although, I hadn't told him this.

He liked me, at least I think he did, we had been together for a few weeks, three I think.

His hand had grazed mine a few times, I remember pulling away.

Anyone would have wanted to be with him, I remember the jealousy that clouded their eyes.

I had wondered then, why was I so damn different?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sit with my legs strung over the edge of my bed, letting a small square of chocolate melt in my mouth. The sweetness covers my tongue, leaving a tangy taste behind as it coats my throat.

"So Kels, our first weekend at school, excited?" Dina asks

I stifle a laugh as little droplets of water exited my mouth.

I don't know why I'm laughing, it's not funny, it's terrifying

"You know the answer to that," I say

" I know Kels, I'm sorry"

It's a white lie I guess, she did sort of know the answer, but she doesn't know about Anna.

She knew I was worried, but not that I was also a tad excited.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The lights had shone brightly across the room as the music blared, causing my ears to ring. Flashes of colors spun around me as the girls danced around with each other, laughing. From where I had been sitting, giant smiles filled the space, brightening it.