chapter 4

Soobin came back into the room with a big metal toolbox that he was struggling to carry. Yeonjun hurried over to him to help him carry it, "Holy crap... I just needed a hammer."

"S-Sorry." Soobin said as Yeonjun helped him place the toolbox on the floor.

Soobin opened it and took out a hammer, handing it to Yeonjun, "Ok, I just need you to hold the door while I take out the pins."

"O-Ok." Soobin said as he walked back over to the door with Yeonjun.

After taking off the door and placing it on the floor, Yeonjun and Soobin started painting over the yellow spray paint. Soobin looked over at Yeonjun and said, "You know, you never told me where you learned how to fight."

Yeonjun laughed a little as he continued to paint, "What do you mean?"

"The first day of school when you fought Jungmin."

"I wouldn't really consider that a fight."

"I've never seen someone get away from him without a scratch... C'mon, you dodged his punches like it was nothing. And you won by just squeezing his wrist."

"Oh... I ummm... I don't really tell people about it."

"Why?"

"Because it just scares people away from me."

"I'm surprised I haven't scared you away yet... Tell me... I'm not gonna leave my own apartment."

Yeonjun softly smiled and kept casually painting as he replied, "I have a seventh degree black belt in taekwondo."

Soobin's eyes widened as he looked up, seeing Yeonjun being completely casual about it, "Holy shit... That's awesome! Can you do like fancy kicks in the air and stuff?!"

Yeonjun looked up, seeing Soobin smiling at him, which he happily returned, "Yeah."

"How long have you been doing it?"

"My parents put my brothers and I through classes when we were little. They wanted to do other things, but I loved it, so I stuck with it. I've been doing it for about fourteen years now... It was kinda the only thing I was excited about when we moved here."

"What do you mean?"

"The chance to study taekwondo in the country where it was born? Once in a lifetime."

"Where do you go to train?"

"This small place near where the hardware store is. I've been going there ever since we moved here... I go there a lot... It helps me clear my head... And the sabom is really nice to me. He's really wise."

"You have to show me something."

"I don't know... It's not really meant for show."

"Then teach me. I don't know if you can tell, but I'm kind of a wimp."

"No you're not, Soobin."

"C'monnnn, pleeaasseee... Teach me one thing."

Yeonjun hesitated for a second before putting down his paint brush and saying, "Alright..." Yeonjun stood up and said, "Stand in front of me."

Soobin quickly put his brush down and stood in front of Yeonjun, "Ok, first lesson: the discipline of taekwondo is about peace, not violence. The name itself is about bringing peace, literally 'putting others fists down'. It's about unity with your body, your mind, and your environment."

"Ohhhhh... That's why you were so calm."

"Well, I'm always calm... And Jungmin can't throw a punch, but that's a different issue..." Soobin and Yeonjun laughed at the comment before Yeonjun continued, "Always use a defensive poomsae unless you are in competition or your life is in danger."