chapter 36

"Bin?"

"Yeah?"

"Is something bothering you?... You're kinda quiet today."

Soobin looked down at his food, "I'm just thinking."

"About what?"

Soobin sighed and didn't make eye contact as he replied, "I just umm... I-I never got to come out to my parents."

"You still can if you want to."

"No, I can't."

"Yes, you can... Just because you can't hear them, doesn't mean they can't hear you."

"It's not the same, Jun."

Yeonjun sighed knowing Soobin was right, "If it's bothering you this much, you should talk to them."

"Can't they already see what's going on? You just said they could hear me."

"Maybe... But they probably wanna hear it from you too."

Soobin softly smiled and looked up at Yeonjun, "They really would've loved you, Jun."

Yeonjun smiled back, "Thanks, bin... I can be right next to you when you talk to them if you want."

"Umm... I think I should talk to them myself."

"Yeah, of course... If you need me, just gimme a call, ok?"

"Thank you."

"I got you, bin..." Yeonjun looked over at Taehyun, noticing how Beomgyu wasn't there, "TaeTae, where's Beomgyu?"

"Redoing another reading test... He has a really hard time with that class."

"Why?"

"I don't know... I try to help him, but he never lets me. I think he gets embarrassed."

"Do you want me to talk to him?"

"No, it's ok—"

"Hey." Beomgyu said as he sat down at their table, looking a bit upset.

"Hey, how'd it go?"

Beomgyu sighed and put his head in his hands, "Can we please not talk about it?"

Taehyun pouted, "Did it not go well?"

"I just said I didn't wanna talk about it."

Taehyun sighed, "Beom, if you need help—"

"I get it, Tae! I'm a fucking idiot, ok?! Leave me alone!" Beomgyu said before grabbing his stuff and quickly storming out of the cafeteria before anyone could say anything.

Taehyun was about to run after him, but Yeonjun stopped him, "TaeTae, lemme talk to him, ok?"

"Are you just gonna yell at him because he snapped at me?"

"No... Just lemme try and talk to him."

Taehyun hesitantly sat back down, "I'm coming in two minutes... He probably went to the janitor's closet."

"The one next to the library?"

"Yeah."

"Thanks..." Yeonjun said as he ran out of the cafeteria and went straight to the janitor's closet. Yeonjun slowly turned the knob and peeked his head inside, "Beomgyu?"

Beomgyu looked up, confused why Yeonjun was there, "Yeonjun-hyung?... I-I'm sorry I yelled at Tae—"

"It's ok..." Yeonjun said softly as he came inside, closing the door behind him. He quietly sat down next to Beomgyu, bringing his knees up to his chest like Beomgyu was doing, "He was just trying to help you out."