chapter 19

Beomgyu's eyes widened and his heart stopped, "Th-That's m-me..."

Jungkook looked at Beomgyu in the back of the room, seeing all of his injuries Jimin had told him about, "Can you come with me please?"

"W-Why?... I-I didn't do anything."

Jungkook walked over to Beomgyu's desk and said quietly, "I need to talk to you outside."

"W-What did I do? I-I know my rights." Beomgyu said nervously as the entire class stared at him.

Jungkook whispered, "Ummm... I'd rather not say in front of everyone for confidentiality... May I talk to you in the hallway first? You're not in trouble, I just wanna talk."

Beomgyu looked over at Taehyun with worried eyes and Taehyun looked back at him with the same concern. Beomgyu hesitated for a moment before silently nodding his head in response.

Jungkook held his hand out and said, "I'll help you up."

"Thank you." Beomgyu said and grabbed onto Jungkook's arm. He slowly stood up and winced in pain.

"You alright?"

"S-Some of my ribs are fractured... I-It's just hard to stand up."

"Oh, it's not a problem... Take your time."

Beomgyu took a deep breath before grabbing the crutch leaning up against the wall behind him and putting it underneath his left arm. Beomgyu looked at Taehyun one last time before slowly limping out of the room with Jungkook helping him. Jungkook closed the door behind them once they were out in the hallway.

Beomgyu looked down at the floor as he asked, "C-Can you tell me why you called me out here, please?"

"Yes... I'm sorry, I haven't even introduced myself yet... My name Is Jeon Jungkook and I'm a police officer at the Busan Police Department, as you can probably tell..."  Beomgyu slightly bowed to him, the best he could do with his fractured ribs, "So, this morning your parents came to the police station saying that you've been missing since last night... My boss sent me here to see if you were at school, which you clearly are..." Beomgyu's stomach flipped as Jungkook continued, "Your parents are here and I was gonna bring you to them, but I wanna ask you something first... Do you mind telling me how you ended up with all of these injuries?"

Beomgyu was stunned and he didn't know what to say. A million thoughts ran through his head at once. Beomgyu was silent for a moment too long and Jungkook said, "I-If you don't wanna tell me, that's ok. I can just take you to your parents."

Beomgyu's heart dropped... He knew he couldn't go back to them. He couldn't take it anymore. All the beatings and punishments and abuse, it had to stop, "Please, Mr. Jeon... I-I can't go back there... I-I can't do it anymore... I-I c-can't..." Beomgyu choked on his last sentence.

"Ok, ok, it's alright... Are you safe at your house?"

Beomgyu shook his head, "N-No... Please... I-I can't do it anymore."

"Ok.... When you're with me, I'll keep you safe, ok?... Just start by telling me how all this happened." Jungkook said, referring to all the injuries Beomgyu has.

"I-It's a long story..."

. . . . .

Jungkook knocked on the door to Jimin's classroom after Beomgyu was done with his story of what happened the night before. Jimin quickly came to the door and before he could get a word in, Jungkook said, "I need to see Kang Taehyun and Huening Kai, please."