Chapter Two

Chapter 2

A week had passed and I can truthfully say that we have fully resumed the whole stress of school completely.

On the good side, football practice has started for the VC's cup so..yay.

After class, I headed to sports complex and watched a friendly match between my faculty and Engineering. I arrived at the bleachers just when the final whistle rang. Imagine my frustration. Like I speed walked down here for nothing. I sat down for a while when I saw I was sweating and I had enough time to go back home.

Five minutes later, I decided to leave when I felt how weird it is to just sit alone.  My phone rang as I walked and I fished it out and found Daniel's name on the screen. An automatic smile lit my face. I haven't talked to him since I last called him.

"Hello. Daniel. Oomph" Internally face palming, I realized that I had crashed into someone yet again. Looking up, I saw the same handsome stranger from last week.

WHAT THE 'ELL? 

"Hey,Tara, just stay where you are." I heard Daniel say on the phone and hang up. 

"It's you again." I said in realization.

He chuckled. "You seem to like running into me."

My eyes widened. "Whaaaattt, nooo. I just, I was just..."

"Relax, I saw you and wanted to talk to you"

"Oh."

"That day Omotara, I meant to collect -" I felt a tap on my shoulder and saw Daniel.

"Danieeeeeellllll!!!!!" I launched into a hug. "No wonder you called me" Then I smelt him and quickly released myself from the hug and giving him a punch on his shoulder. "God Daniel, why did you let me hug you? You stink."

"And let you pass up my awesomeness, maybe next time." I rolled my eyes at that. "What's up Ayo, you know her?"

"Yeah, we just met." He smiled but it didn't quite reach his eyes.

It was then I realized that they were both wearing the same jersey. "You guys know each other." I said. It was more of a statement.

"Yeah, we're course mates."

Oh, small world.

I saw Daniel Looking behind me and he finally turned to face me.

"Ayo, the coach is calling us. Tara, wait for me o. I'll soon be done." 

Ayo sent me a smile as they both walked back into the locker room. 

Shrugging, I found a platform to sit and got out my phone to do anything productive.

By productive, I mean word cookie. It was quite a while that I sat here. I was frustrated and I looked at the sky. I hate being stuck on a level and having to use my coins.

"Omotara" Someone said and tapped my shoulder. It was Ayo.

"Hey, where's Daniel?" I said looking behind him.

"He's still doing something."

"Hmm, okay."

"I need to go home now but I was wondering if we could talk another time. Can I get your number?" He had on a nervous smile and scratched the back of his head.

I beamed. "Sure". 

Seems he already had his phone out and I frowned at that. I called my number out anyway. He saved it and quickly flashed me. "You can call me if you want. See you again. Tara." He waved and started walking away just when Daniel came out.