Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Daniel's Point Of View

People. This is going to be the hardest thing I can ever write because damn. I do not know how boys think but I will have to try.

"I know I can treat you better than he can.

And any girl like you deserves a gentleman.

Tell me, why are we wasting time?

When you should be with me instead?"—Treat You Better -Shawn Mendes.

( Vibes I'm feeling from this chapter.)

"That girl just weak me. Honestly. She don already agree for me and now she still dey form." (Gash. I am just laughing here. Boys are so stupid)

I rolled my eyes listening to Chris, my friend rant about one of his newest girlfriends. Chris doesn't just stay with a girl. Although, he wouldn't cheat on them, he just changes girls and fast. I have no idea how girls still come to him.

Christopher and Raymond decided to hand out with me this afternoon and I had no qualms about it until he started talking about his girlfriend. He kept going on and on but I had zoned out.

He stopped when they both realized that I wasn't talking at all.

"Daniel. What's up?" Raymond asked shifting the attention to me.

"Nothing na. I can't chill in peace again ni?"

"Ah. The guy no wan hear our talk because say he no get girlfriend." Christopher said and I just frowned.'

"That doesn't even have anything to do with anything."

"Please. Dude. We know you. You have been sad and depressed for the past month. It's usually family problems, grades, or girls. What's wrong?" Chris asked, finally actually talking like he means business with me.

He was right though. I had been behaving sad and depressed.

The only person on my mind right now is Omotara. My mind wandered to the girl of my problems "Yap. It's a girl. Dude what's up?" Raymond said taking in the look on my face. Am I that obvious?

"Who is she?" They further probed and I just shrugged. (Damn. This is so effing hard. Boys don't think like this right?)

"You would just be behaving like-"

"It's Omotara. I am just worried about her" I cut him off.

"Oh. That your childhood friend. Una suppose dey date na. what happen?"

"that's not it. She is dating Ayo now and I am just worried"

"What? That motherfucker!"

"Exactly my point. I warned her a bit but how far can that really go. Girls sef. They are so dense sometimes." Ayo was the man whore of our set. He hit on anyone in a skirt. Excluding, of course, a whole lot of people. He knew he looked good and it got too far into his head.

"You talk like you like her."

"What? No I don't. I was just worried. She's my friend you know. Friends worry about each other."

"Yeah, like you worry about us" Chris said sarcastically but I didn't say anything in reply.

"Look. She seems smart. She should know what she is doing"

"I hope so." I said.

"Aww. Man, cheer up."

It could be true though. What Ray said about me liking her. Tara was my first kiss. It was an awkward encounter to be honest, so we just decided to stay put as friends. It was easier that way. We never talked about that shiz again.

No No. Ray is messing with my mind.

I decided that I was just going to watch over her from the sidelines. I have to make sure that he doesn't hurt her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had just started heading home after class when I saw someone.

It was Ayo. On a normal, there would have been no abnormality in seeing him since he is my course mate and I have the displeasure of seeing him almost every day .

I was concerned about who he was with. He was with Tara. My Tara!!

My Tara?? Where did that come from?

I shook my head of such thoughts and continued to gaze at them. She was dressed casually and had just made a new hair. Her long black braids cascaded down her back as she moved with that motherfucker.

Why am I so bitter?

I realized that I was jealous. Very jealous in fact.

No, it wasn't because I wanted to protect her as a friend even though that was a part of it. I realized I was jelous because I liked her.

I actually liked her!!

The realization made me groan and a few people glanced at me.

Stupid me! Stupid brain! Stupid heart!

If only I had realized sooner. I felt really angry that I hadn't pursued her first. What is wrong with me? She had been so close to me. I mean, she still is but it just feels like we are so far away.

What am I? A poet now?

I shook my head once again and glanced at them. They had gotten closer and I manged to catch Tara's eyes.

Her eyes widened in excitement and she moved as if coming to see me when I turned away and speed walked out of there. It sort of broke my heart seeing her all happy with him but I couldn't do that to myself.

I managed to catch her shocked and then hurt expression before I turned.

A week later, Tara and I hadn't spoken at all. I had completely ignored her calls and at some point, she just stopped calling. I thankfully didn't run into her at school but I felt my heart ache since I had missed her.

I had accepted my fate. I am not going to be the one for her. I would forever be friend-zoned or even worse, brother-zoned. Damn, it hurt.

I arrived at school early today and I was happy that I caught sight of the mother- I mean Ayo. I didn't know what his game was but I wanted to find out.

So I approached him. He was alone and I was thankful. He looked up and raised a brow when he saw me. Like I said, we aren't friends so he was probably surprised.

"To what do I owe this pleasure?" He asked in a dry tone and I frowned. I didn't come here for jokes.

"Ayo-"

"Yes, that's my name. don't wear it out" I narrowed my eyes with anger at him

"I didn't come here for jokes okay? I wanted to warn you. I know you. I know your reputation and I know what you are capable of so if you think for a second that you could just hurt her, then you have something coming."

"Oh wow, you've come to play hero. What are you again? Right nobody. I am her boyfriend and I don't need you sticking your nose into our business."

"I am her friend-"

"Ha! Right" He laughed with dry humor. "She friend-zoned you. Must feel really bad being rejected huh?"

I didn't want to cause a scene but I so badly wanted to hit him.

"I would be careful If I were you." I didn't wait for him to answer me as I walked away. I had said what I wanted to say.

phew. I'm glad that's over.

Remember to..

Comment And Vote..

Your Lovely Author..

Suwa..