Chapter Four

Chapter Four

It had been a while since I had seen Ayo. I was never able to catch him during his practice times but we chatted often; almost every night. We also talked lot on phone too but not so much.

I had come to like him. Far from love but it was something. I knew that we were heading towards anything but good friends. I was scared of it. 

Relationships have always seemed like something far far away from now. I felt I would be 25 before I start dating or anything like that. But then I grew up and realized that being an adult was much closer than expected. 

When I was young, I thought dating and love was for really old people but when I grew, I saw those really old people as teenagers and young adults. I was very, very far from ready.

Anyhow, I decided to see how it goes. How hard can it be huh? I could just go with the flow.

I laughed at the thought. He hadn't even shown any signs of asking me out and I was already looking so far into the future.

"You're so weird" Efosa said to me as she heard me laugh. We were currently at school and waiting for our next class which would start in about an hour. "What's making you laugh?"

I shook my head and waved my hands dismissively. "It's nothing."

She narrowed her eyes at me but let me be. Just then, my phone rang and Ayo's name flashed on the screen.

Speak of the devil...

"Hello."

"Hi Tara. How are you?"

"I'm fine o. I'm still in school"

"Aww, when can we see now?" He asked and I thought through my whole day.

"I won't be leaving school until five and I'd be tired by then. The same with tomorrow"

Yeah yeah, I was making excuses. I do that a lot. Get close to someone and then start pulling back.

"How about night-class?"

I bit my lips and squeezed my face. He is good.

I internally sighed. "I guess that's okay. When?"

"That's great then. How about tomorrow night? Good with you?" He asked and I nodded.

Then remembered I was on phone and then I spoke up. He hung up a while later and I turned to face Efosa.

"Girl, you know I love you right? You're like my best friend in the entire world. You know that right?"

"What do you want?" She deadpanned and I beamed

"Can you follow me to night-class tommorr-"

"Nooo!!"

"Please na. I'm desperate"

"No!! You know how I value my sleep."

"You think I too don't value my sleep. I love sleep okay, more than you. Please na Efosa, I'll do anything for you."

A smile started tugging at her lips and I realized that I had won her over. 

"Okay.. I can't think of anything right now but later sha."

"Okiee. I love youuuu" And then I hugged her.

... 

It was time. I packed up everything I needed and called Efosa to meet me at faculty. I didn't know what class Ayo wanted to use yet but I just got to school anyhow sha.