Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

I hurried off to try to catch up to Ayo after his afternoon classes. I hadn't seen him in a week although we had been talking on phone all the time. We were both so busy recently that we couldn't get to see each other so I proposed that meet up. He was till busy but agreed that we could see for a short while before his next class.

Ayo and I had been going very smoothly over the past few months we have been dating. So smoothly that it has suddenly become too smooth. I thought relationships had ups and downs. I am not saying I would love for us to fight or anything like that but it just felt a little weird that we had not clashed in any form at all. I had read somewhere that a healthy relationship wasn't all dandy all the time.

We had so much in common. That's fine but it just seemed like there was no variety. It seemed bland and boring. It felt like I was dating myself.

My eyes widened when I realized the point that I had been circling while analyzing this whole thing.

I shook off the thought. I may be over analyzing this whole thing. Gash, the problems with being a love expert. I laughed at my own joke. I liked to think I know everything about love since I started wattpad.

I finally found him seated with one of his friends whose name I do not remember and whose attitude I did not like. He had a way of looking at me like he knew something I didn't and that nerved me.

"Hi." I said to Ayo when he finally noticed me.

"Hey babe. I missed you o." He stood up to hug me but I couldn't help the grimace on my face. I don't like being called that in a romantic way.

Like.. like... who gets me here?

"I missed you too" I said. And it was true. I waved slightly to his friend in acknowledgment, not wanting to be rude.

"So, how have you been?" He asked.

Then I started summing up most of the things that have been happening to me recently. Although we talk to the phone, it's a little different telling him about myself in person. I talked of my classes and things like that. "Then, I went to see Folake yesterday. Do you know her?"

He shook his head 'no'

"Oh. Oh. It was Efosa you met that time. I almost forgot."

"Oh yeah. That your friend. How is she?"

I shrugged. "I guess she is okay. We haven't been talking so much recently."

He looked away for a moment and then nodded.

"So how bout you? How have you been?" I asked. He too lunged into talking about one of his projects of school but he didn't get to say much when his friend started calling his attention to the fact that their next class would be starting soon.

I nodded seeing my cue to start moving.

"Well, I guess I too should start going. My class would start soon too." He nodded and stood up to peck my cheek before I started walking off.

I lied. I had no class to go to I just used that excuse to leave so it won't look like I was disappointed because to be honest, I was. We didn't get to talk for long.

I shrugged trying to shake the feeling off. "It's okay. It's okay." I mumbled to myself.

..

..

I was again goint to meet up with Ayo at hi class. He had called yesterday to ask if I could come and I agreed. I didn't like that he almost never came to see me but what really could I do?

When I got there, the scene before me had my eyes bulging out of its sockets. Ayo was standing head to head and face to face with Daniel. Both of them looked like they were about to rip each other's heads off. By the side, standing Idly, was Efosa. I was confused.

Ayo caught my eye suddenly just when Daniel went reaching for his collar in a threatening stance.

That wiped whatever hesitation that I had left in me and it forced my legs forward.

"Hey stop!" You didn't need to tell me twice that this was about to turn into a fight and that it was possibly involved me. I didn't pay attention to Efosa because I needed to douse the tension between these two. I wondered why she wasn't doing anything when she knew both of them.

"Stop it. What are you doing?" I asked, directing my question to the both of them.

"Tara, what are you doing here?" Ayo asked and the frown that had been on my face since I got here even deepened.

"You told me to come yesterday. Remember?"

He cursed under his breath and then look away and started shooting murderous looks at Daniel as if he caused everything happening,

The scene had caused a little attention. People here don't really care about the lives of other people but people's heads had turned to watch some drama.

"You didn't answer my question" I stated.

Daniel let go of Ayo's collar and put his hand to the back of his head. He then smiled in such a sarcastic way. I didn't even know there could be sarcastic smiles. "Tara. I told you not to date idiots like-"

"Watch your mouth. Are you mad?" Ayo interjected.

"Tara, can you see the type of-"

"Daniel. I don't need you criticizing my choices right now. I know you have never liked Ayo but just stop it. Really stop it. Is that what this is about? The fact that you don't like him?"

"Oh wow. Omotara knows it all now." He said in a sarcastic tone. "Fine. You can figure it out yourself" He said and then walked away.

I was so confused. Figure what out? I turned to face Ayo but found that he was looking at anywhere and anyone but me.

"Ayo, can you please explain to me what all this was about." He shook his head as if to say no and then started carrying his book to walk away.

"Are you seriously leaving?" I asked incredulously. "What is wrong with you?"

He shook his head until he was finished and just started to walk away but then stopped. "Ask Efosa" He said briefly and continued to walk away.

As he mentioned her name, I remembered that she had indeed been here. I turned to where I saw her last and saw that she was no longer there. She had left. They had all left.

"Wow" I muttered to myself in disbelief.

What are they hiding??

Okay, I am sure most of you know what is happening here and you probably think she is a dummy right now despite her perception of being a love expert but I just wanted to make this chapter llike this. This was a bit hard to write. Okay, okay, it was very hard to write but oh well.. Tbh, I had no idea how to write this. I won't go into details in that tho..

Remember To..

Comment and Vote..

Your Lovely Author..

Suwa.