Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen.

"Be fast o" The class rep said into the microphone.

"Tara, you have to snap out of this. This is the second time you are forgetting homework this past week" I groaned and held up my hand to my head as Folake tried to advise me. She had really been helping me so much recently.

"I'm so sorry. This should be the last time." I said. I was apologizing because at the moment, I was leeching off her work. The class rep was already pressuring us to submit.

This is how it is most of the time when assignments are to be submitted. People forget until that morning and then they start copying their friends. The class rep always has to compromise.

I have never really done this. I always have my work ready days before it is due.

Folake was right. I really needed to snap out of this pity stage.

I don't know why I was feeling so sad. It was not like I was in love with him. I wasn't in love with him but I could not deny that I felt a little hurt. It was my first relationship after all.

Was I that unlikable?

"You have gone off thinking again. Concentrate Tara." She said and I quickly snapped out of my thoughts.

"There. Done" I said and quickly went to submit both our assignments. I had to change mine up a little bit. It would be so obvious but then again, there's not much of a difference.

When I went back down to y seat, I caught sight of Efosa heading to submit hers too. She was a completely different matter. A whole lot of emotions had been circulating my thoughts in regards to her but the most evident one was hurt.

I thought she was my friend. That was real back stabbing done right there. I was her friend, I believed that even if she had liked him, she would back off because I am at least her friend or that she would tell me. We could have worked it out.

She avoided me most of the time. I wasn't going to approach her. If she had anything to say to me, she would do so herself but as far as I am concerned,, I have no business with her anymore.

She caught my eye right in that moment and then looked away.

Pfft. Pathetic

I bet she had been laughing behind my back all this while.

....

....

"What are you doing with my phone?" I asked when I suddenly turned and saw Folake with my phone. We had just been trying to study but decided to take a break. It's about a week to exam and everybody has suddenly turned into saints.

She smiled mischievously before dropping it. "Oh nothing"

I narrowed my eyes at her and took the phone going back to check my recent apps. She had been on whatsapp.

"Oh no. Folake, what have you done?" I asked and then clicked on Daniel's chat page that was at the very top. "I hate you so much." I deadpanned.

"What. You have been avoiding talking to him and that is not healthy and you know it."

"But you know he may not want to talk to me. I told you how he looked at me the.. last time we saw". To be honest, I was very scared. I was scared that I had lost a dear friend. Daniel had been right all along. He had been looking out for me all this while but I shut him off.

"How can you make up if you don't even talk?" She asked and I just glared at her.

"You still didn't have to make me sound so...not me.." I concluded and she raised a brow.

I took out the phone again. "Hi Daniel, I am so so so so sorry about what I did. You were right. Please call me if you're not mad at me or if we can talk."

"You kind of sound like that. You can be a bit too emotional sometimes."

I glared at her before looking back down on the screen.

It showed two green ticked signs under the message meaning he had read it. My heart skipped a beat. I was hella scared.

Hate me, hate me, still tryna replace me..

"Shhh. It's ringing" She said and brought her finger to my lips in a silly manner.

I frowned. "I wasn't even talking"

"Answer it!" She said.

I was just staring dumbly at the name flashing on the screen. At the moment, I had not an idea what to say to him. (Lol. This is just me not knowing what to write next).

"Stupid girl" Folake said before snatching the phone from my hand. I really should start getting offended at her insults. She picked the call and pushed it to me ear.

"H-hello?" I said. I was startled since I wasn't expecting her to pick it so abruptly. I needed to take a deep breath first. Jeez, why am I behaving as if the end of the world has come?

"Hi Tara. I got your text."

"Oh. You did?" I asked dumbly. I didn't know what to say.

I heard him chuckle. "Yeah. I just said that."

I took a deep breath. Serious mode now. "Look Daniel, I am really sorry about what happened. I was just confused and I lashed out on you and I know you hate me right-"

"No no. I could never hate you." ( Too much cheesy. Please make it stop)

"So you're not mad. Are you?" I asked. I didn't like this heavy feeling.

"Nope. I am not. I mean I was but not anymore. It faded like a day after. You don't have to be so scared."

"That's it? Really? You're supposed to be really angry with-"

"Uhmm. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am at the moment under the impression that you want me to be extremely angry. Is that what you want?"

My eyes widened. "No no. Daniel. Thank you so much. I was just scared to lose you."

"You won't. you mean so much to me. Much more than you would ever know."

I finally smiled in relief. "So friends huh?" I asked and there was a long pause. I even had to check the screen if he was still on.

"Yeah. Friends." I heard him say. I sighed in relief. "You aren't with him anymore shey?" He asked

I bit my lower lip. "I'm not."

"That's relieving. Thank God. I'm sorry Tara but I need to do something right now. I'll speak to you later." He said and I nodded as if he could see me.

"Bye Daniel." I said as the call disconnected.

"See. Very easy." Folake said and then picked up her notebook. Her hard covered notebook. Out of reflex, I put my hand over my head for protection.

"Eh, what is doing this one?" Then she started laughing when she realized why I did that. "Me I don't have you time. Let's read jhoor."

I stuck out my tongue at her and then took out my note. I was happy once again. I felt free. Free and happy.

Nice!

Just a filler..

Remember To..

Comment And Vote..

Your Lovely Author..

Suwa..