Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen.

That night, as I lay in bed, I wondered why Daniel was saying all that weird stuff in the morning. Could it be that he likes me? The thought made my stomach flutter and like this morning, I clutched it in wonder. To be honest, I had once thought of us being together but quickly dismissed it. There is no way he would like me. We bicker way too much and we act very much like friends although he has been behaving very very weird.

The next morning went by very smoothly like yesterday. Both his parents had gone out and I was just sat in the living room when I heard a knock. I quickly went to Daniel's door to tell him. I didn't know which visitors to receive so I had to Call him first.

"Daniel, someone is here to see you guys so..." My voice trailed off as I waited for an answer.

"Open the door first for me. I am coming." I heard him say from his room so I went back out to open the door and to find a girl. She looked to be about the same age as me. She looked a little taller than me with fairer complexion.

"Hi, how may I help you?" I asked. The situation was awkward for us both because we didn't know each other.

She had a frown on her face as she regarded me. She was probably confused as to why I was here.

"Uhmm. I came to see Daniel. Is he in?" She was being polite but I couldn't help but feel like there was something more to her. I was just about to respond when I saw that her eyes began to Sparkle as she looked behind me. "Daniel" She squealed and rushed past me to hug Daniel who I was sure was very surprised.

I crossed my arms at her blatant display of of.. of clinginess and annoyingness. I had the sudden urge to tear her off my Daniel.

My Daniel?? Where did that come from?

"Esther. So nice to see you" He said. I realized that her name is Esther.

"Yeah, me too. You just came back and you didn't bother to check on me. I just asked your parents this morning when they were coming out."

Stalker much? He just came back recently, no need to be so clingy.

"I'm so sorry." He said to her. Right at that moment, it seemed that he noticed my confused stance and crossed arms. "Uhh, Esther, this is Omotara, my friend and Tara, this is my neighbor and secondary school classmate, Esther."

I smiled widely and somewhat fakely. "Nice to meet you" I said, stretching my hands forward to her. she shook my hands muttering the same thing I said.

I turned back to lock the door and when I did that, I realized that they had both moved on into the living room so I followed.

"It looks like you even grew taller sef. How is that possible?" She said as she placed a hand on his shoulder as if measuring him. Can't she just look with her eyes? By now, I was glaring daggers at that hand. If looks could kill..

Okay, take a break Tara. All this hatred ain't nice. I need to stop behaving like an A class female dog.

I shook my head, as if to clear off all the bad feelings I have been having about this girl.

"Nah, I feel the same" Daniel answered and then sat down, shrugging off her hands in the process. I smiled, at least that hand is off him.

She also sat down and they started talking. I tried to pay attention to the Miraculous Ladybug that was currently showing but that didn't work out. I somehow managed to catch the drift of their conversation. He was talking about his time at school and she did the same and then at some point, they started talking about whatever funny memory from their days in secondary school. I got a little annoyed that I didn't understand their inside jokes and they were not pulling me in the conversation so I stood up and decided to go away in full and utter annoyance.