Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen.

By the end of that week, we all had our bags packed and ready to go. We all decided to leave on the same day.

Although my sister would not be starting her lesson till a few days after, she insisted on going just to get familiar. So that morning, a cab came to take us all; dropping us each at our destinations. First dropped Tayo at the park where she would board a bus to Benin. We didn't spend much time there since we still had a lot to do so as soon as we had done the necessary,, we were off.

We then drove to Daniel's house to drop me off. I was so thankful that they had agreed.

Mrs Adeolu, Daniel's mother was first to meet up with us outside.

"Tara my dear, see the way you have grown." I don't understand adults o. I feel the same. It doesn't feel like I have grown.

"I don't think so o" I joked voicing my thoughts. She just shook her head at me with a smile after releasing me from her hug.

"Bawo ni, Ore mi?"(How are you my friend?) She asked my mother. They have been friends since they were children and were really lucky to have been able to keep in touch considering there was no phone in their time. Like like.. how is that possible? How did they survive? They all started greeting each other in Yoruba but they had to hurry.

"E je ka ma lo o. we can't afford to miss the flight."(Let's start going.) My dad said to which my mom nodded.

"Ese gan ni. Tara, don't cause any trouble o."(Thank you very much).She said to her friend.

"Kosi problem." She said back. My parents went back into the cab and drove us. Both of us waved them as they left.

"Okay then, let me show you to your room" I carried my little bag and followed her inside their house. It was very modest but classy at the same time.

We went in first through the lobby and then into the living room and then through a long corridor before she stopped at a door and opened it to reveal a bedroom.

It was really pretty. It was orange themed with white walls and Orange curtains. I really loved it. The room was kept simple because obviously, it's not a permanent living quarter. Just perfect for a guest. It had its own en-suite bathroom too. I was really thankful.

"Thank you ma." I said and she just waved me off.

She was about to turn to leave when I called out. "Where is Mr Adeola and Daniel?"

"Oh. You didn't hear when told your parents. My husband has already gone to work and Daniel is still in bed. That lazy musheshe woke up late yesterday and ended up taking the third bus home. He came back really late last night so I'm just allowing him to sleep in."

"Oh.. sounds like him. So he came back just yesterday?"

"Yes. He ended exams two day ago."

Ehhh, what lies has this boy been feeding his parents?

"Oh.." I nodded. "Okay then. I will see him later. Thank you so much again ma."

"You this girl.." She laughed it off and started walking away. "I'll leave you to settle in."

I turned back to the room and started unpacking just taking off a few of my two Sunday outfits to hand and bringing out my shoes. I didn't have anything else to do so I just lay back in bed. I didn't have much sleep last night because of all the packing we had to do. We also had to wake up really early this morning because of my parents.

...

...

Someone is pulling my legs... literally.