Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

It was time for my date with Ayo and I felt a little giddy. My roommate was eying me with suspicious eyes curious as to why I was so dandy this morning. I woke up really early and washed all my clothes, all the while having Dua Lipa's songs on repeat.

I brushed my teeth and then had my bath. I was so much in a good mood that I took so long in the shower singing my heart out.

"Tara!!! Won't you leave there? I need to have my bath. You just like hogging the bathroom."

I shouted okay and hastened my actions.

When I was out, I rummaged through my clothes looking for something that was both casual and formal. We were only going to film house but it was a date.

I settled on a black flare gown with no sleeves, a cropped jean jacket and my gladiator sandals. I'm not really into make up since I would probably draw rubbish on my face. The thought made me remember the last time I experimented with make up. I shuddered at the memory. I settled with just lip gloss, mascara, and a little bit o f powder.

There, all good.

I took my hand bag, my purse, you know, shiz like that and then headed there. About thirty minutes later, I had arrived. I found him outside with one hand in his pocket on the other on his phone. He had on plain black jeans and a checked blue, white and grey shirt. he looked good. You know, as usual.

I felt my phone vibrate and I checked it and realized that he had just been calling me. He looked up just when I was about to call out his name so my mouth as just hanging open as if I was gawking at him.

"What? Like what you see?" He asked cockily and I laughed. I can't believe he just used that cliché wattpad line on me.

"ahh yes. Yes I do." I decided to be truthful and he smiled and then pulled me in for a hug.

"Me too. I like what I see." Yeah no. I can't face him when he says things like that.

I just muttered 'thank you' and looked at anywhere else but at him.

When we got in, he paid for the movie while I decided to buy the popcorn and drinks. I took fanta and he had coke.

Then we went in and waited for the movie to start. We were watching a horror movie. It wasn't really my style of movies. I loved chick flick, romance, you know, normal things.

Before it started, I decided to ask him the question that had been plaguing me. "Ayo. Why did you lie about your lecturer fixing a class?" wow. I am so direct and blunt sometimes, it scares me.

He looked shocked and stared at me wide eyed when he realized that I had caught up to his lie. No matter how much I already liked him, I didn't want to be with a liar.

"How did you know about that?" He asked and I just shrugged.

"Daniel was there and he didn't say anything about a class."

His mouth morphed into an 'o' shape and I nodded.

"I'm sorry. It's just that I had to meet up with a bunch of people. They are somewhat related to my parents and there was no way I could cancel because it would just be rude."

I frowned. 'Why didn't you just tell me that? I would have understood."

"Yeah. I'm sorry. I didn't know how you would react to it."

"Okay. But next time, there really should be no need to lie. Okay?" He nodded.

"thanks. So let this not cause an argument. What's your middle name?" He asked like out of no where

"Oh, it's Vienna" (sue me. I'm obsessed with V names for girls. Even writing a sci fi called 'Valerie')

He smiled that his dimpled smile. "I like it."

"What's yours?"I asked and then put up my hand to stop him from talking. "Let me guess..Uhh, Xavier, Kaden, Xerxes, Kai, Xander, Keith, Kyle, Kevin-" I was cut off short but him releasing a small chuckle.

"Do you have a thing for X and K?"

I smiled shyly. "Sorta. Wattpad has made me like this. They are the kind of letters that people don't use often you know? You see, when I read werewolf stories, the alpha is usually names something unique and that sounds powerful. There's also Alpha Alcandar,Alpha Octavius, Aplha Zaliver.. You know, names people in real life don't use often."

He reached from my face and put his hand on my forehead and then under my eye lid as if checking my eyeball. "I see you are high on wattpad"

I giggled lightly.

"Anyway. My middle name is Alexander"

My mouth hung open. "So you are a Xander?" My eyes were wide in disbelief. Who knew I could actually half guess his name?

He was just about to answer when the lights went dim. The movie was starting.

I shut my mouth as it played. The movie had some scary parts but I refused to be fazed and show that I was scared. I'm a big girl now and they are just acting.

Soon enough, the movie ended and we both started leaving.

"Did you like it?" He asked and I just nodded. I did like it but just kind of sad with the ending.

We had gotten close to the road by now when he suddenly stopped me.

"Uhmm, I was just wondering.."

I narrowed my eyes when I saw him looking nervous. What is making him fidget? He didn't even continue.

"You were wondering what?" I asked in an anxious tone wanting to know.

He took a deep breath. "I just wanted to know if you would like to be my girlfriend?" (Too much sappy please make it stop!!!)

My mouth once again hung open and my eyes were wide. That was so not what I expected.

"You don't have to answer now if you want.. You can think about it?" he said hastily as if I was going to reject him at the moment.

I nodded seeing that that was a safer option. "Yeah. I'll think about it." I suddenly couldn't face him anymore. "I think I have to go now. See you later!!" yeah, I tend to act unnatural when I'm asked to be people's girlfriend. Not that it has happened before but I was just shy.

"okay. See you later."

He waved at me as I took a bus heading home. Calm down heart!

When I got home, I just swung my bag in an unknown direction and jumped in bed, burying my head in the pillow.

I was chanting the same thing over and over again.

"Calm down heart"

I think we should decide now. Are you team Raniel or team Rayo?

Remember to..

Comment and Vote..

Your Lovely Author..

Suwa..