Chapter Seven

Chapter seven

Daniel's match came up the next day as expected. I was surprised to see Ayo playing as well. I had completely forgotten that he was playing but I just wondered why he hadn't invited me to watch.

I was also very surprised to see Efosa cheering for Enginneering.

"Wow. What are you doing here? I didn't know she was also heading here after class. We would have come together.

She faced me wide eyed in shock also. "Oh wow. You're here. I just came to support my friend." She said and I just nodded.

We sat down together and just watched the game. They both played really well. I was impressed.

It was sometime during the second half that I actually asked her who she came to support.

"Uh. Just one of my friends but he is a substitute. He isn't playing now." I just nodded and went back watching the game.

So far, the engineering faculty is leading with just one goal. I screamed at the top of my voice when they had scored their goal.

At the end of the match, only one goal and been scored but they had won so it was okay.

I was happy.

I left Efosa and headed outside to wait for my friend. I could only guess that Efosa was talking also to her friend who hadn't played.

"Nice nice." I said complimenting his game.

"What is this? Chicken republic?"

We both burst out laughing at the reference.

"Anyway, you played really well." I said sobering up.

"Sure thanks. Do you want to come and hang out at my place? We could have a mini celebration."

I raised my brows at him, (because I can't raise just one, that shit is hard), you guys haven't even the won the whole thing yet" I said.

"You are so weird. Instead of you to just let them treat you like a normal girl"

I got offended and slapped his arm. "I am a normal girl" I said "But I'll accept your offer" I said slyly with a grin.

He was about to say something when he saw that my gaze had left him and was on Ayo right behind. He groaned when the noticed where my attention was.

"Uhh, why don't you meet me at my place later. I seriously need a shower" He didn't even wait for m to respond as he walked off. I could understand that he didn't particularly like Ayo but seriously, what was his deal?

"Hi." I said to Ayo when he finally reached me. I didn't know why I was behaving shyly.

"Hi."

"I didn't know you were playing today." I said.

"Yeah, I just thought you knew. I told you I was playing sha." I nodded and decided to end it at that.

"So, do you want to do something on Saturday maybe? We could head to film house?"

I was giddy internally but masked my emotions. "Hmm. Yeah, I guess"

It would be nice to get to know him a little better. I had been seeing him all this while but I could tell that I knew nothing about him. I was also going to have to question why he lied to me. But that would be later on. I agreed to the date.

"Okay, okay. Uh, let me start going now. I have to meet my friend now. Bye bye."

He said bye too and started walking off.

I could faintly see Efosa's figure in her red shirt coming out. It seemed she had finished talking to her friend. I decided not to disturb her and just head to Daniel's place.

Daniel and I have been friends for a long time. We didn't attend the same secondary or live close to each other but the fact that his and my parents have been friends for a really long time made us bond.

We were close enough so I knew his house and I was used to visiting him.

I took a while to arrive because I stopped at main gate to buy some notebooks and I saw some of my friends on the way.

Daniel lived alone so he had to be the one to open his door for me.

He seemed to have just showered as the smell of soap wafted through the air.

"See, you. See soap at the back of your ear." I said pointing to his left ear and trying to stifle my laugher. He rolled his eyes at me and turned back in the direction of the bathroom to get it off.

"I was rushing cuz you were coming." I heard him say. His place was simple with the typical one man necessities. It was neat surprisingly, with only a few books and some clothes out of place."I brought some snacks from Nadia." He said and grinned widely and rubbed my hands together.

"Okay okay. That's good." I said when he came back out.

Daniel likes to spend. One of the reasons I enjoy visiting his family. They would just spoil me.

He bought these awesome cupcakes that I always crave when I go there. Icecream and Hollandia and the trusty bread. Nadia is the prince of breads universally.

"Daniel. Who buys icecream and hollandia?"

"You don't want ni?"(sheesh. Can't find English Word for this.) He asked seizing the icecream but I glared at him making him drop it..

We were both happily munching and discussing, you know, everything.

"Jamb is going to start soon too and my sister is coming to Uniben. Why can't she just go to Unilag with my brother"

"Oh yeah. That's true why don't you want her to come self?"

"So she can be disturbing me abi?"

"AS far as I know, you are the main trouble maker"

I rolled my eyes and took a scoop of icecream.

"Ehen. What did that idiot want from you today? Like have you been seeing him a lot? Why does it seem like he is always following you? What is up with that boy?"

I was amused. "You mean what is up with you?" I asked. "Ayo didn't do anything to you na. did he?" I asked fishing for info but he didn't say anything about that.

"Nothing is wrong with me. I'm just concerned for you" He said and I just shook my head and stood up carrying the empty icecream container to the bin.

"I may be liking him sha."

"What?"

"Hmm. He seems nice"

"Damn, what is up with girls and liking assholes? Tara. please be careful. I don't like the vibe that that guy gives." He said.

"Okay okay. I'll be careful but I doubt anything is going to happen to me."

He didn't seem satisfied and it looked like something else was plaguing his thoughts. He stood up and walked over to his reading table. He sat down and shook his head and I couldn't help but watch with amused eyes. "Something was definitely up with you."

That evening, I went home around seven pm. I tried to catch up on my reading.. I had been going for training and playing and I was not balancing things out.

When I had entered 100lvl, I wrote down what I was feeling. I wrote down my motivation to read and not get distracted. Not that I wasn't going to engage in social activities (My current social life can attest to that), but I want to always remember my aim here at school. To read. To learn.

So I wrote them down so if ever I forget, I just have to read it again and I did just that.

I have nothing to say here so...

Remember to ..

Comment and vote..

Your lovely author..

Suwa..