Chapter Five

Chapter Five

It's Sunday afternoon. I've gone to church for the first mass very early this morning. My clothes were washed yesterday. I went to the market yesterday. I caught up on all my homework yesterday.

In other words, I'm jobless right now.

'go and read' 

Seriously, now my conscience is coming in my mom's voice. That's always what she says when I'm bored. Speaking of her, I should even call her.

I took up my phone and dialed her and she picked immediately. Trust mom.

"Hello mommy."

"Hey Baby girl. How are you?"

"I'm fine. You guys are back home right?" I asked wondering if she still had all those church meetings.

"Yes. What have you eaten today?" She asked and I rolled my eyes. Happy she couldn't see it though. Ever since that one time I mistakenly mentioned that I was hungry and lazy to cook, she'd always pester me on what I'm eating. 

"I took yam and eggs when I came back." 

"Oh good. We just finished taking amala" I glared at the wall in front of me. Mom has a way of making me wish I was home. 

"Why na. why did you have to say that?"

"Oya. Sorry. Your uncle in Ghana is going to get married soon o."

"Oh. That's so cool. She is a Ghanian?" I asked.

"Yes, we would have to go for the wedding"

"Awww. Why did it have to happen when I am already at school na?" I felt sad.

"It's still very far though. Maybe towards the time when you would come back home"

"Pheewww. Thank God. I can't wait to-"

"Did I say all of us?"

"Aww mommy naa" I whined.

Don't mommy me. Do you want to speak to your sister?" She asked and before I could even answer, I heard her screaming 'Tayo' multiple times. 

"Hello Tara" I finally heard Eyitayo's voice. She is my younger sister but just by a year. My older brother, Folajimi is in Unilag and he is older than me by two years and he is in his final year in the university. 

"Hey Tayo. Do you have what to talk about?"

"Nah. I'm trying to read wattpad and she just wanted me to talk to you." Yeah, we are direct and straight to the point like that.

"Ohh. What story?" I asked.

"Lupus Deus. It's a werewolf story-"

"Yes yes yes. I have read it o. Damn, I loved that book. Where are you now in the story?"

"Uhh. No. I won't tell you."

"Why?" I frowned.

"Because you always spoil it for me. You have a way of doing that to every story you have read before me." I rolled my eyes. I suddenly had an urge to just scream a spoiler or something. Just so I could annoy her.

"Whatever. Bye-bye. Go and read you wattpad. What of dad?"

"He's watching football." Damn. I miss TV 

"Don't worry. Before he says I'm the one that caused his team to lose the match. I'll call him later."

After cutting the call, I realized once again that I was jobless.