Chapter 32 Come and laugh at me

After an hour of interrogation, the sentence finally came to ten years. Mrs. Lord could not hold back her crying and fainted, scaring Ruby and Daniel who hurriedly pulled her onto a chair to lie down.

   After everyone had left, she lowered her head and said in a hoarse voice to the man beside her,

"Help me take care of her. I'll go down and see my father."

Daniel looked at her, his eyes filled with worry. He gently shook her small, ice—cold hand,

"Be careful."

He wanted to accompany her, but he had to stay and watch over Mrs. Lord.

"Yeah, I know."

Ruby gratefully glanced at him, and her heart was more or less moved.Before Lord was taken away, her lawyer helped her buy a few minutes to meet him.

She rushed into the room and saw the old man. She burst into tears, and her emotions, which she had endured for a long time, were finally released.

"Dad."

"Ruby."

Lord stood up, looked behind her, and his gaze dimmed,

"Your mother … Did she come?"

"She's here, and she can't take it. She's passed out …"

Seeing him in such a state, Ruby calmed down all of a sudden. She wiped her tears away and walked to his side before sitting down.

"Sorry …I'm sorry for you …"

He lowered his head, still saying the same words. It was clear that he was feeling very guilty and miserable.Ruby looked at him and suddenly felt very sad.

  Regardless of whether he was right or wrong, he was still her father, so how was he going to spend the next ten years inside?

After a few seconds of silence, she still did not speak of any sad topics. She caressed her lower abdomen and chuckled softly.

"Dad, I'm pregnant. Twins."

Lood was stunned at first, then his turbid eyes suddenly widened, and amid his shock, he asked with a trembling voice.

"How many months has it been?"

"Three months."

A trace of gentleness appeared in Ruby's eyes.

"Ethan, Ethan's? You guys aren't? "

"We're fine."

Ruby still did not wish for him to live a life of worry inside,

"It's fine if you're inside … I will bring them to see you in the future. "

Lood finally revealed a smile and happily stared at her stomach with a complicated expression.After chatting for a while longer, the police officer guarding the door reminded her that it was time to go.

Only then did she leave.In the hallway, she saw taht Lood was taken away. She stood there for a long time, waiting for her body to become stiff before she moved.

Turning around, she saw a figure that had appeared out of nowhere, causing her to freeze on the spot again.When did he arrive?

At the end of the corridor, a man dressed in black slowly walked over and slowly took off his sunglasses.

Looking into the pair of black eyes that was looking straight at him, Ruby's heart suddenly throbbed.

"I’m here to see you." Ethan stopped

in front of her. Looking at her red eyes, he felt uncomfortable in his heart."Come and laugh at me?" She laughed at herself.The man frowned in annoyance.

"Am I that heartless to you?"

Ruby knew that she was in a difficult situation, she raised her hand and pushed her hair back, wiping her eyes, and said:

"No matter what, now we are divorced, and this has nothing to do with you."

After a pause, she softened her tone and said,

"Thank you for coming today. My mom is still outside, so I'll be leaving first."

After she finished speaking, she was about to leave.The man's eyes darkened.

He suddenly reached out his hand to grab her wrist, then pulled her back in front of him and tightly held her shoulder.

"Ruby, are you still lying to me? The child is mine... right?"