Chapter 51 I will never miss the chance to save a beauty as a hero

***After that incident, Ruby had not seen Ethan for half a month, and there was no contact between them.

Every day when she sat in the office, she would still unconsciously glance in the direction of the big building opposite her.

However, the curtains were always closed, and she believed that he had already returned to Leeds.

She had always been able to distinguish between personal affairs and official business, and she laughed at the idea and quickly tossed it to the back of her mind.

In the afternoon, after facing the computer for half a day, Ruby finished her meal and went to the company's fitness center, walking slowly on the treadmill.

Recently, she had been so busy that she almost forgot that she was pregnant. In her belly was her biggest concern, so she had to take good care of it.

"Ruby, what are you doing?" The colleagues who came in saw her taking up a treadmill while walking slowly.

They couldn't help but wink in confusion.Ruby laughed, "Can't I take a walk after dinner?"

"Alright! With such a large company like you taking a walk on the treadmill, Sis Ruby, I admire you. " Someone gave her a thumbs—up, but it was more of a joke.

Ruby didn't care as she stuck the headphones in her ears and continued to walk slowly.

Ten minutes later, the machine slowed to a stop. She stopped and leaned against the treadmill, breathing softly.

"Sis Ruby, here!"A clear and bright voice came from behind her.Ruby was startled, she turned her head and looked at the handsome and clean young face.

She immediately smiled, took off her headphones and took the cup from his hands.

"Thank you."Mike, the intern that had just entered her department half a month ago, was three years younger than her.

"How's work these days? Are there any difficulties? "

Mike got on the treadmill beside her and slowly ran forward. With a grin, he revealed a mouthful of white teeth, "

"…"Ruby was speechless for a second, she was so busy recently that she could not rest, but he was still free, so was he not afraid that she, her boss, would be angry?

Mike seemed to be able to see through her depression and said smilingly: "I do my work rather quickly. Sis Ruby, if you can't handle it, I can help you with your work.

Ruby raised her eyebrows and rested her body against the treadmill. Looking at him, she joked:

"Why do I feel like my job is about to end? Are you sure you're not here to fight over my position? "

"I don't dare, I'm not as outstanding as Sis Ruby. Even if I manage to get into your position in a year, you will still be my superior."

His smile was unrestrained, giving off the feeling of a young man in high spirits.

"One year?" The corner of Ruby's mouth twitched a few times,

"Smelly brat, even though I've managed to get to this position, I've worked hard for three years day and night."

Mike laughed foolishly.Ruby put down the cup, walked down the treadmill, and changed into a piece of fitness equipment as she stated,

"Aren't you very idle? I have a gathering in the afternoon, but Brown has something he needs to do. You'll come with me. "