Chapter 44 What a son of bitch

With Ethan here, she didn't want meet him again. Somehow, the moment she thought of that scene, she felt extremely awkward.

She quickly returned to the executive office and knocked on the door. The man was working while Gail was also there.

With one more person, the atmosphere became less awkward. She looked at the man and said straightforwardly,

"Ethan, I've finished visiting your company and it's getting late. I still need to report back to Jake, so I'll be leaving first."

The man looked away from the computer screen and looked at her, not answering immediately.

Ruby pursed her lips, walked to the sofa, and put down the man's jacket. She then gently carried the sleeping Candy and looked at Gail, nodding,

"I won't disturb you any longer. Goodbye."

Finished speaking, she turned around and walked out."Wait." The man suddenly spoke up.

She was startled, her heart sinking, she turned and stared at him,

"Ethan, I've already given you face. What do you want? Must we embarrass each other"

Gail playfully looked at them. He held a cup of red wine in his hand and sat on a chair by the window.

Ethan closed his computer and stood up, he walked around the table and said.

"I just have something to find Jake, and how about we go together?"

"…"Ruby was so angry that her eyes turned red. If there wasn't a child in her arms, she wanted to go up and kick him.

Why hadn't she noticed before that he was so good at making trouble?She took a few deep breaths before calming down.

Gritting her teeth, she said: "If you want to go, then go by yourself. Don't follow me."

She was too lazy to argue with him, so she just threw down her words and walked out without looking back.

Ethan pursed his lips, picked up the jacket off the sofa, opened his long legs, and followed along.

When she closed the door, Gail's low laughter came out from the room.

"So despicable."Ruby walked into the elevator and appeared at the same time.

It seemed like she did not plan to be with her at all.When the elevator was rising, Sherry was just about to go find him.

When she passed by the person, her face changed slightly,

"Brother Ethan, where are you going?"

"I have something to do." The man refused to explain.

"I'll go with you." As she spoke, she walked over.The man noticed the change and frowned.

"What happened to your foot?"Sherry was overjoyed.

She thought that he was concerned about her. She bit her lips, and her soft voice revealed a sense of pity,  The man's frown deepened.

He said that he wanted her to visit the company, but he didn't let her go through everything.

She hated herself so much that she didn't even care about her pregnant body to avoid him?

The more Ethan thought about it, the more annoyed he became, the more his expression became colder and harder.

Seeing his expression, Sherry still thought that he was angry at her, and the joy in her heart became even stronger, as he spoke softly,

"Brother Ethan, don't blame Miss Ruby."

The door opened, and the man gave her neither cold nor warm glance. "Since you're not feeling well, then rest well. I'll let you take half a day off. You don't need to follow me today."

"…"Sherry was startled, she was confused as she watched him close the elevator door before reacting,

"Ethan, brother Ethan...?"

Who said she was going to take a leave of absence?It was obvious that woman Ruby …

A silver light flashed in her mind as she suddenly understood something.Gritting her teeth and glaring at the elevator, Sherry clenched her fists tightly.

The hatred in her heart for Ruby instantly soared to the limit.Pulling her stinging ankle, she went to executive office.

As expected, she saw Gail leisurely sitting there, and her beautiful face immediately became even uglier.

Without beating around the bush, she straightforwardly asked,

"Gail, what exactly happened with that woman? Aren't they divorced? "

Gail was not surprised by her sudden intrusion. He tilted his head and smiled,

"Who said that they can't continue to be together after getting divorced? For a single man, there are all kinds of possibilities. "

Sherry's heart instantly sank to the bottom.

If she was confident that Ethan would not fall for that woman before, then what about now? The current development was not what she wanted.

"Impossible, Brother Ethan would not fall for her."

Her eyes were cold.Gail stared at her for a few seconds, then broke into a smile,

"Little Sherry, it's good for a woman to be smarter, but to be self—righteous. It's his business, it’s none of my business as well as yours."

Sherry straightened her back, the thoughts in her eyes were not concealed at all,

"Gail, you are always too lazy to meddle in other people's business, but I am different. I waited for him to divorce me with great difficulty, how could I let the situation return to how it was before?"

"Then he doesn't seem to like you either. No matter what, he slept with Ruby for three years, and even when you were wandering around in front of him all day, he didn't have any feelings for you. It's clear that his pursuit of beauty and figure isn't that high."

"…"These words were undoubtedly the most piercing to the heart.Sherry's face instantly paled by a lot.

This was a fact that she had always been unwilling to admit.She bit her lips to defend herself,

"Brother Ethan … He's different from you. He's just straight and he won't be tempted by beauty. Besides, he doesn't go home often, so who knows if he slept with that woman or not."

Gail's eyes flashed with a cold smile. He glanced at her and glanced into the distance.

You can get pregnant if you don't sleep with man? No matter how stupid that fellow was, it was impossible for him to not know whether he had cheated or not.

After a long while, he took a sip of red wine. A strange light flashed in his eyes as he lazily said,

"It's true that he knows how to tease woman, but a man's desire for women is instinctive. Unless he has sexual apathy, otherwise … do you want to try? "

Sherry looked at him, and her eyes brightened up quickly.Downstairs, Ruby carried Candy out of the Soaring Dragon and headed towards her own company.

Feeling that someone was following behind her, she turned around to take a look and discovered that the man had followed her out. He wasn't in a hurry, nor did he look at her.

It didn't seem like he was deliberately following her.She gritted her teeth and ignored him.

At the foot of the Henton Technology’s building, she saw Daniel standing next to the car from afar and called out,

"Daniel."