Chapter 37

Lovla

Whenever you think your life is too good to be true, either the moment dies or you die.

I'm feeling sick, with this vomiting sensation and other things.

Clinton is proposing Glen.

She is stealing our documents.

Thank God I created a backup that came out well.

But all of these things were too much to handle, and it makes me feel sick. I couldn't argue because I was tired last night. I feel hungry all of a sudden.

I go down to the restaurant in my nightdress. I buy a couple tubes of ice cream.

While I was on my way back to my room, something clicked.

I brought that too.

He was asleep. I went and sat on the couch, eating ice cream. I know this isn't true; I'm hallucinating.

Anyway, I brought it; I need to check.

I discarded the boxes.

Nooo

Nooooooooo

Noooooooooooo

This is not true, no way!

I'm freaking out!

I'm pregnant?

God, this?

I mean, to me, it's fine, but what about the baby? Will Kyler accept it?

This isn't true; the device isn't true sometimes. I'll check with the doctor tomorrow.

I'm just convincing myself, but

God, this can't be happening—not now at least.

I'm scared, and I'm feeling a lot of things.

I forced my eyes shut to sleep, but I couldn't. I pinched him, and he woke up.

"Owwwuuchhh, what was that for?" , Kyler squealed.

This is not a dream.

"Nothing good night," I said, turning towards the other side and falling asleep.

---

The next morning

I woke up, turned the alarm off, and went in the bathroom for a quick, warm shower. I took extra care because there is a new life growing, and I don't want to be careless.

I walk out slowly as I wear my business attire. I chose a white flowy top with business white pants, matching it with a signature Louis Vuitton belt and purse, as well as black pumps and, of course, red lipstick with minimal makeup.

Kyler got ready in a good business suit too.

"Ready?" he asked, to which I nodded, and we went to the meeting room holding hands.

I can't forget what I promised him. So I can endure this in front of my own personal emotions.

Kyler and I sat on our seats; Glen and her husband were there as well as other couples.

They started their presentations, and the whole time my hands were intertwined with Kyler's.

This is going to be a game-changer.

Then it was Glen's turn. I pretended as if I was in shock that she viewed our idea, to which she smirked.

Now it was our final turn. I know Kyler wasn't prepared; I did not show him the presentation.

"Speak your heart out, Kyler," I said, smiling at him. Tapping his hands, letting him know I was with him.

Kyler was speaking, and it was amazing. I'm literally dumbstruck.

"Now Lovla will explain it further," he continued, smiling as I took over the stage.

I spoke on behalf of our company and profits for both of us. I could tell Kyler was looking at me more like he was admiring the work.

The meeting was done.

The results were, by the evening at the ballroom, more like surprises, it seems.

We all went out.

"Lovla, that was wonderful," Kyler said, appreciating me.

"You too," I said.

He hugged me out of the blue. "God, what would I do without you?" He said that and kissed my forehead.

Oh, come on.

"I need to take you somewhere," Kyler said, to which I gave a confused look.

"Come on," he said, grabbing my hand and making his way out.

We were travelling for some time, and then we halted.

Kyler got down and opened the door for me.

I got down, and he closed my eyes.

I know you are proposing Glen, but what's with closing my eyes? Is he drunk or something?

I could smell tulips.

Tulips are my favourite.

I tripped, but I held onto Kyler as a reflex. "I'm pregnant!" I screamed.

Oh no, I swear that was reflex.

I did not just say it; I did.

His hands left my eyes.

"Be careful." His words went down when I said that.

I turned towards him, tears filling his eyes.

I wiped his cheeks and watched him be vulnerable, but of a good kind.

"I can't," he said.

I know.

"I can't surprise you, Lovla," he said, catching his breath.

Surprise me?

Wait what?

"I came here to propose to you and ask you to marry me." "You surprised me more than you expected."

"I'm so happy right now; it's just too much for me to consume," he continued.

Propose me?

Glen ? 

"Kyler, I saw you proposing Glen," I said.

He didn't have to lie to me like that.

"No," he said, continuing everything that had happened.

"I knew that you knew that, and we're mad about it, but I did not want you to know until I surprised you myself; I even called your parents and Linda for their blessings," , he explained.

Oh . my.god.

I'm happy that I began to cry and hugged Kyler.

He broke our hug and sat on one knee. "Lovla, will you be my Mrs.Lovla Clinton, and I promise that I will be with you every step of the way?" he said.

"Will you marry me?" He said that, offering a beautiful diamond ring, and I let him put that

I nodded furiously because I was speechless.

I kissed him passionately, and he responded to my kiss.

It was meant to be.

We were meant to be.

Tulip Garden; he knows everything to make me feel like my life is a fairytale, and our little baby

We got into our car, and he kissed my tummy. I smiled at his fatherly love.

This is all so good, and I'm happy that it's with the man I've always loved.

I never imagined this would ever happen, but destiny has its plans.

And I feel so good while crying at the same time.

Pregnancy hormones—I chuckled at it.

________

Click the star below and make me happy