Chapter Thirteen

Chapter 13

"I like you, Kaye," he repeated.

"What?" I whispered. However, I was too stunned with his kisses and with what he said. Lumayo siya sa akin at saka ako tinitigan. His eyes were gentle.

"I said I like you and I will court you." My lips parted. Am I dreaming? Why am I like floating in the air? What did he say? He will court me? He likes me?

"You like me?"

"Yes."

"You will court me?"

He licked his lip and nodded.

"Yes."

"Why?" I asked.

"I don't know." he replied. "I just... want to be with you."

I want to laugh because it seems like he is joking but no... he looks serious. He is serious! Damn, my heart is beating so fast. Is it real? He said he wants to be with me right?

"I am happy whenever I am with you."

He is... confessing his feelings for me? Damn!

"I am not pressuring you. But I can't let this day pass without telling you that I like you and I want to court you."

"Even though I am so noisy?"

He chuckled, "What?"

"You still like me even though I am so noisy?"

He scratched his head. He even placed his fingers on his chin like he was thinking. My eyes narrowed. He laughed with my reaction.

"Even though you're noisy." He nodded. Kanina pa ako nakatitig sa kanya. Kinakabahan na baka nagjo-joke lang siya o gusto niya lang akong asarin. Kinakabahan na baka hindi totoo itong sinasabi niya kasi... ang totoo... gusto ko rin siya.

I laughed and looked at my feet. I bit my lower lip. I was thinking when this feeling of mine for him evolved. He's always there for me. I was alone before but he didn't let me feel that way again. I was cast-out by my classmates, by my friends...

"Liligawan mo ako?"

He nodded.

My face heated thinking of the scenario wherein he is giving me flowers, holding my hand, we are on date, and sweet stuff he might do for me. What about if we became girlfriend or boyfriend? My faced heated more... what if...

"But I like you too..." I said softly. Damn...