Chapter 3 - Iruka's remedy

"Tss, I don’t need you," said Sasuke and went to find Kakashi.

"What a moron," thought Naruto and followed Sasuke. Naruto saw Sasuke attack Kakashi and used it for his attack. It looked like a teamwork, so Kakashi let them win. Naruto caught Kakashi and Sasuke grabbed the bells.Then Sasuke gave one to Naruto.

"Well done, you passed," said Kakashi.

"What about Sakura?" asked Naruto.

"I wanted to send her back to academy, but it seems like you want her in your team, so she passed too," said Kakashi.

"But Naruto, I want to teach you S-rank jutsu from Second Hokage. Kage Bunshin no jutsu," said Kakashi.

"I heard about it, it’s like a normal clone, but it’s real, it’s hard to recognise original and chakra is divided to all clones," said Naruto.

"Correctly, and you are pretty good with your clones, so it won’t be hard for you," said Kakashi. Sasuke and Sakura left and Naruto stayed with Kakashi. After one hour Naruto already learned it.

„Kage Bunshin no jutsu!“ For the first time Naruto made over 100 clones.

"That must be chakra of Kyuubi," thought Kakashi.

"All right, Naruto, I hope it’ll be useful for you," said Kakashi.

"Umm, thanks," said Naruto and left. Few missions later, Kakashi recommended his team to the Chunin exams.

"It’s still too soon for them! Besides Naruto shouldn’t become a chunin," said Iruka.

"And why?" asked Kakashi.

"It’s dangerous for him as jinchuuriki, other countries could capture him and use him against us!" said Iruka.

"Naruto isn’t weak, they won’t capture him so easily," said Kakashi.

"You didn’t see him in the academy, he was the worst between the worst!"

"Really? In my team he’s better than Sasuke," said Kakashi.

"How?! It's not possible!" said Iruka.

"Why not, Iruka? Maybe Naruto has a little secret," said Third Hokage.

"Kakashi, you made a good decision," said Third Hokage.

"Thank you," said Kakashi and left. Iruka didn’t have anything else to say and left too.

"What did you do with Naruto?" asked Iruka.

"What do you mean?"

"Don’t play dumb, Naruto was never a genius!" said Iruka.

"Then how is possible he graduated one year sooner than other your students?"

"It’s just a coincidence, he succeeded in something," said Iruka.

"From my view he’s very skilled, so he had to train for a very long time, maybe you are just blinded by hatred."

"What do you mean?"

"I know that Kyuubi killed your parents, but Naruto is Naruto, not Kyuubi. Think about it, Iruka," said Kakashi.

"Umm, maybe you are right, whenever I see him, I see Kyuubi."

"You should get along with him, so you can move on from your parents death," said Kakashi.

"You are right, it’s time to get behind the past," said Iruka and went to find Naruto.

"Hmm, it’s easy to get rid of him," thought Kakashi and opened his favourite book. Naruto was on his way home.

"Hey, Naruto, wait for me!" said Iruka.

"Oh, it’s you, Iruka-sensei." Naruto wasn’t so glad to see him.

"I-I was wondering if you don’t want to have some ramen."

"Why all of sudden?"

"I know I wasn’t fair to you at the academy and I want to make it up for you," said Iruka.

"Umm, I’m hungry anyway, so why not?" said Naruto.

"Thank you."

"No need to thank me, just pay for the ramen-ttebayo!" Naruto smiled.

"O-of course," said Iruka and stroked his head. He was nervous because he was sorry for how he had treated Naruto. Still was hard for him to face Naruto, but he learned that Kakashi was right, Naruto wasn’t so bad.

"So Naruto, I heard you are better than Sasuke."

"I don’t know about it, but he’s a good rival for me."

"Is that so?"

"Yeah, he’s pretty strong and popular too!"

"You are popular?"

"No, I have a bad reputation, you know it," said Naruto.

"Is it because of your fate?" Iruka asked.

"Fate? What do you mean?"

"Damn, I thought Naruto knows about it," thought Iruka.

"Never mind, I meant because of your years at the academy," said Iruka.

"That’s right, I think at least," said Naruto.

"Why do you mean?"

"Because they were hating me before the academy and I don’t know why. Do you know something about it?"

„N-no, I don’t.“

"Too bad, I guess I have to find out myself-ttebayo," said Naruto and said goodbye to Iruka.

"That was close!" thought Iruka.