Chapter 8 - Changed

"Hey, what are you doing?!"

"The hell I will be the only fighting here!" yelled Naruto at him.

"He’s angry, what a drag," thought Shikamaru. Temari was impatient and attacked Shikamaru first. After a while Shikamaru amazed her by his smartness, but at the end Shikamaru gave up.

"Smart decision if he’s out of chakra," thought Naruto. When chunins were deciding who should be a chunin, they chose Shikamaru and Naruto. Shikamaru for his leading abilities and strategies and Naruto for his S-rank jutsus and good battle strategies. For his ability to deceive the enemy too. Now was the time for Sasuke’s battle. Crowd of people were impatient to see Sasuke’s battle.

"Tss, they weren’t so excited to see me," thought Naruto. Suddenly leaves appeared in the center of the battlefield together with Kakashi and Sasuke. Naruto jumped down to warn him.

"Hey, Sasuke, I warn you about Gaara. He has a weird chakra, it’s almost the same as mine demon chakra," said Naruto.

"Tss, I don’t need your advice, Jinchuuriki," said Sasuke.

"Why did he say it like he was jealous of me? He doesn’t know anything about my tragic life," thought Naruto and left. He met Gaara on the stairs.

"You are Jinchuuriki, right?"

"Shut up, or I’ll kill you!" said Gaara.

"Wait, I know how you are feeling because I’m Jinchuuriki too," said Naruto. Gaara wasn’t listening him and went down to the battlefield.

... Their fight was intensive, but in the middle of it, it was interrupted whereas Orochimaru kidnapped Third Hokage. People were caught in genjutsu except Naruto, Sakura and some jounins. It turned out that Shikamaru is just too lazy to do something and acts like he’s in genjutsu.

"Team 7 and Shikamaru, go after Sasuke with Pakkun!" said Kakashi and summoned one of his dogs. They were following Sasuke’s scent and after some problems, they finally found Sasuke. Shikamaru was left behind, so now there was only Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke. But Sasuke was in a bad state and couldn’t fight anymore. Sakura wasn't good at fighting, so it all fell on Naruto.

Now Gaara looked like a monster. Naruto used Kage Bunshin no jutsu. Over 200 Naruto’s shadow clones appeared there. Sasuke saw it and was even more jealous of Naruto. Naruto used taijutsu to see how strong is his opponent. One of these shadow clones used Rasengan and attacked his tail. It looked like his weakness. It enraged Gaara and he changed into his final form. See how big it is, Naruto used Kuchiyose no jutsu. Gamabunta was obedient and was willing to help Naruto.

Again Sasuke was amazed by his power. Gamabunta saw that Shukaku is now in the lead and their strategy is to wake up Gaara. He needed form of something with fangs and claws. Naruto used part of his demon chakra and changed Gamabunta into Kyuubi. With that, Naruto managed to get on top of Shukaku and with Rasengan he woke Gaara.

Gaara was all beaten now and because of the Rasengan, he couldn’t move. He changed into his normal form. Naruto was tired of using too much chakra, so Gamabunta disappeared. Naruto couldn’t move as well.

"W-who are you?" asked Gaara.

"I said it before, but I suppose you weren’t listening. My father sealed withing me Kyuubi, one of the Bijuu. He did it when I was born and then died to save me. Since then everybody has been hating me and despising me. I don’t know my existence anymore, but I have a goal which I have to achieve. And until then I can’t die," said Naruto and Gaara totally changed his thoughts. He understood Naruto so well.

"What is your goal?" Gaara asked.

"To become a member of ANBU! Maybe later Hokage, but now is this my goal!" said Naruto.

"That’s a big dream, maybe I could have a dream too," said Gaara and Naruto nodded.

"You should do it, my friend!" said Naruto.

"My friend?"

"Of course, we are both monsters after all," said sarcastically Naruto and Gaara smiled at him. Then came Temari and Kankurou and took Gaara away. Sasuke was so frustrated he punched a tree. Suddenly Sakura lost her balance and almost fell. Naruto wanted to save her, but he couldn’t move. Sasuke saw it and saved her.