Chapter 12 - Chunin

"Let him be, it’s pointless to keep him here violently and I saw in his eyes that he’s seeking for power. There’s nothing to stop him, he’s living to kill his brother. Until then he won’t be satisfied. I’ll give him a visit in three years to make sure Orochimaru didn’t kill him. As far as we know, he wants only Sasuke’s body."

"You sure know a lot about it," said Tsunade.

"I met Orochimaru during the Chunin exams and was curious to learn who he is," said Naruto.

"Okay, but are you sure you don’t want to chase after Sasuke?" asked Tsunade.

"As I said, now it’s pointless, even if we carried him, he would find a way to escape and go to Orochimaru," said Naruto.

"You are acting like a Chunin, but not like his friend, something happened?“

"You can say whatever you want, but I should respect my friends wishes, shouldn’t I?"

"I’m not some babysitter and besides I have a lot of own problems," said Naruto.

"Okay, I’ll do as you are saying," said Tsunade and gave Naruto permission to leave.

Naruto  has been acting normal since his  fight with Sasuke. Maybe it was exactly what he needed. He apologized to everyone he somehow insulted.

The next day he was sent on his first mission as a Chunin. Since Sasuke has left, Kakashi returned to ANBU. His team was broken apart now. Naruto’s first mission was B-rank. It was to capture a rogue ninja of the Hidden Mist Village alive or dead. His name was Zabuza and he always traveled with Haku. Naruto took on this mission Neji and Gaara who offered his help. Naruto invented strategy and they should set off at dawn. But before this, Sakura visited Naruto. Naruto was very orderly and his apartment was pretty clean.

"You have it nice here," said Sakura.

"Thanks, I’m trying. So what do you want from me?"

"It’s so obvious?! Well, I wanted to ask you for help," said Sakura.

"Continue," said Naruto.

"Please bring Sasuke-kun back! For me!" said Sakura.

"Please decline from tomorrow's mission!" added Sakura.

"Sakura, I know you love him and it hurts me by the way, but there’s nothing I can do. This is a suicide mission because besides Sasuke there are Orochimaru’s slaves for sure. Even if we defeated them, Sasuke decided to left us. I think it’s unfair to drag him back involuntarily," said Naruto.

"And you are calling yourself his friend?! It’s not Sasuke-kun's mind, Orochimaru is manipulating him! If you are his friend, you should try to save him!" yelled at him Sakura.

"He‘s seeking for revenge! He won’t come back until he’ll kill his brother!" replied Naruto.

"Kill his brother?!"

"Sasuke didn’t tell you? His brother Itachi massacred his clan. Itachi is a member of Akatsuki, organization who's after me," said Naruto.

"W-what?"

"You heard well, in three years they will come to capture me and I have to prepare for this, I don’t have time to chase after Sasuke. We have three years until Sasuke will be in life threat. We have to get stronger until then," said Naruto. Sakura looked pale and had to sit down.

"Are you okay?" asked Naruto.

"I understand, I won’t bother you anymore because I’ll bring Sasuke-kun back by myself!" said seriously Sakura.

"Wait, Sakura!" But Sakura was already gone.

"Shit, it’s not good," thought Naruto and rushed to the Hokage’s estate.

"Lady Fifth, Sakura went alone to bring Sasuke back!" yelled at her Naruto.

"What did you just say?! We have to immediately send someone after her! Uzumaki Naruto, choose Genins who’ll help you to bring Sakura back, don’t fight, it’s too dangerous!"

"Understood!" said Naruto and went to find some Genins. He chose Hinata, Kiba and Shino because Neji was preparing for tomorrow’s mission and others were on a mission.

"Okay, here’s a plan. Kiba, you’ll go first. After you will go, Shino and Hinata will go last and will observe the environment with her Byakugan! Is it clear?"

"Y-yes, Naruto-kun!"

"Pretty clear," said Kiba.

"I think you should go second because you are our leader," said Shino.

"That’s not logic in my way, you can find Sakura with your bugs, I don’t own any searching jutsu, it’s for the best to be in the central even as a leader-ttebayo," said Naruto and others nodded.