Chapter 7

Astril

I study him for a moment, going over everything he just said. He wants me.

It took everything in me to stop kissing him because I really didn't want to stop, but I needed to know. I needed to understand what was happening between us. Before now, he never once tried to kiss me and I enjoyed the time we spent together. But his kiss was like fire, hot and wild. His animal instinct came out and I could feel the hunger as he kissed me. A hunger that I felt in my own belly.

Truth was, I was drawn to him too. I thought about him when he wasn't there and had to resist getting closer to him when he was. His laugh was infectious and his warmth was comforting. I wanted him but I couldn't understand why. Obviously, this was something beyond us.

I scooted closer to him and sat on my knees so I could look up into his eyes. They sparkled like pools of melted gold. I could swear I even saw the wolf behind his human eyes, looking down at me possessively but I felt calm, safe. I reached up and cupped his jaw in my hand. His skin burned against my palm.

"I want you too." I whisper and give him a small smile that breaks the anxious look on his face.

"Then I guess we're a thing." He smiles back.

I find myself laughing giddily and feeling like a young girl. Does this make him my boyfriend?

"I love your laugh." Marxian kisses the tip of my nose making me giggle more. "You're so fucking adorable!" He then proceeds to bite my nose, his fangs gently poking the skin. We fall over laughing and hit the pillows. He wraps me up in his arms and I wrap my body around his. I fit so perfectly.

"You're mine now Bek." He looks down at me and my heart flutters.

"Ok." I look up and smile. All my worries disappear and all I can think about is him. Maybe tomorrow I can stress about an elf being with a werewolf and the repercussions of a mixed relationship but today, I just want to be with Marxian.

We spend the rest of fall break together binge watching Netflix and ordering food or walking around the campus. It felt natural to be around him, I even left my ears uncovered when we ran to the cafe for drinks. Several people looked at us funny and a few even whispered as we passed but Marxian ignored them so I tried to do the same. I enjoyed being with him but couldn't help but get nervous for when everyone came back. He's been ignoring his team but eventually they are going to find out and my own roommate will be coming home in two days. A part of me still worried he'd drop me when school started and he couldn't take the pressure. That I was just a fun past time before classes started back again.

We were in my dorm that friday evening just hanging out. I'd been doing a bit of yoga while he tried to explain football to me. I didn't understand a single thing but he got so excited when he talked about it that I played along.

"The quarterback calls a lot of the plays but it's everyone else that makes it work. Kinda like the wolf pack. The alphas call the shots but the whole pack works together to keep it strong." He explained to me while laying face up on my bed. His long legs dangled off the edge and he kept tossing a football in the air and catching. Not exactly the best for focus but I was just happy to have him there.

"I like it. Elves aren't too different, I mean the elders give their advice for the communities but we all work together to help each other and keep the peace." I reply as I hold a warrior pose, wearing tie dye harem pants and a white crop tank. My hair is piled on top my head in a messy bun.

"Elves really don't seem that different from everyone else. Maybe vamps but they are prissy and anti dirt but other than that, you guys are just like us." Marxian shrugs, catching his football.