Chapter 21: Lucifer's vs Mephisto

Y/N: Father?...Is that really you?

Y/N's father said nothing as he kept an unreadable look behind his skull mask. He looked at his son, him holding Tensa Zangetsu, he looked at his son's face who had tears in his eyes ready to come out.

Father: Wipe those tears boy. I raised a warrior. Not a crybaby.

Y/N cleared his tears and was about to speak when his father interruptted him.

Father: I'm not alive boy. I'm merely a fragment of your mind. This is your test. To see if you are worthy for Tensa Zangetsu's true power.

Y/N: So...it is true. But why are you here? And where are we?

Father: Use your eyes for once.

Y/N looked around to see where he was, stone pillars all around him, black sand and the sky was yellow. It then came to his mind.

He was back in Hell. His home.

Y/N: Why are we here?

Y/N's father said nothing as he took out a replica of Tensa Zangetsu. he charged at Y/N. He reacted fast and blocked it as he flew back into a stone pillar.

Father: What happened to that fire in your stomach? You lost your thirst for battle?

Y/N came out of the debris as he looked up to see his father in his stance. He charged at Y/N once again. Y/N met with him as they clashed blades, staring into each other's eyes.

Y/N: I won't fight you!

Father: You don't have a choice boy!

He used his other hand to charge a green demon blast and fired at Y/N's stomach, shooting him back. Y/N landed on the sand on his back and fell back a few meters before stopping. He coughed as he stood up looking at his father who was slowly walking towards him.

Father: Face me boy! Or else Tensa Zangetsu will claim your life before Aizen will get the chance to kill you!

Y/N gritted his teeth. He didn't want to fight his father, but he remembered. This is an illusion. So it wasn't his father but just a piece of his memory. He stood up, he got into his stance. He charged at his father.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Ryuko had made it back to Honnoji Academy. To think, she came here to find her father's killer, and now she was here to stop a man from taking over the world and reshaping it his own way.

Senketsu: Ryuko. You remember what Y/N said. This is do or die. If we fight Aizen we may not survive.

Ryuko: I am aware...but I want to hurt this bastard for hurting Mako.

Senketsu said nothing as Ryuko walked into the arena, the memories of Y/N killing Nui Harime and when he revealed his demon form. She turned to her right to see Satsuki who had came another tunnel connected to the arena.

Satsuki: Ryuko.

Ryuko: Satsuki.

Satsuki: Did you see Y/N?