chapter 5 - OLD

( Blood warning )

Grian POV

I was going mining. That was it. That was the plan. I had talked to inpulse the other day about everything that's been going on and he seemed to take it seriously. It's nice to have people like impulse around. People who care and will listen. People who help you even when you think you're fine. People who say you're not ok when you're fine. People who make you want to hurt yourself just so they can say they were right and leave you alone. People who are annoying and think they know everything but they don't. I take a deep breath in and let it out slowly. I don't know what's been wrong with me over the past few days. I just feel weird around the other hermits. They are just as nice and kind as they were before and nothings changed since I moved out of Mumbo's base so what was it? I take another deep breath and continue mining. My guess is that's it's all the build up of stress about my base. Everytime I build a new layer it doesn't look right. I try to fix it but it just looks worse. When I talked to inpulse the other day he said I was overworking myself and that I was the farthest into their mega base then any of the other hermits despite being the newcomer. I'm a hardworking person thank you. I try to not overwork myself. I just don't like the feeling of leaving something incomplete when I have the time and materials to do it. I've also been avoiding Mumbo and iskall lately. I just don't, " Ahhhh!" I screamed. I wasn't paying attention to where I was mining and lava had come down from the block in front of me burning my left arm. " Owww" I Said out loud, not that anyone could hear me. I blocked up the lava, slowly and painfully walking back up into my base. Once I got back up I looked behind me to see a trail of blood leading from the mine. It was bad, I could feel the dizziness catching up with me. I look at my arm for the first time. First off my sleeve was completely gone. But my arm looked horrible. From my shoulder down to my elbow most if not all the skin on the outside of my arm was gone or charred black. It hurt to touch. I tried lifting my arm up to stop the bleeding but it just hurt worse. It was a fight against my will not trying to scream in pain not wanting anyone to find out. I was starting to lose consciousness fighting to stay awake. I moaned in pain as I stood up. There was wool in one of my chests that I could cut into strips to rap around my arm and I had some ice in another chest. Struggling to Walk I managed to make a couple bandages and started wrapping my arm in them. As soon as the soft wool touched my skin I couldn't hold the pain back any longer. I screamed. Loud. Knowing that at least someone heard my cries of pain I worked faster trying to hold back my tears but failing. I'm normally someone who gets hurt a lot but never in my life before has anything hurt this much. I fished wrapping my arm and started pouring ice over the bandages so it at least stops the burning feeling. I use the rest of the strips to secure the ice in my arm. Now all I had to do was replace my sweater. I took my sword and slowly cut off my sweater. I hated to see It in a non replaceable state but it was for her own good. I grabbed another red sweater from my closet and started to put it back on. The room was still spinning and I could feel the bangadges and helped a little with the blood problem but not much. I sighed thinking about an excuse for what just happened. All of a sudden I heard fireworks in the distance. I listened closer and I could hear what I thought to be Mumbo and iskall laughing. I froze. Then I heard X's voice saying something and then the laughter stopped. In a panic I went back down into my mind slipping on the blood on the way down. Once I got down where the lava was I dugout a small hole big enough soI could hide in it until Mumbo, Iskall, and Xisuma went away. I placed down two stone blocking the way in. Then tears rolled down my face. Everytime I moved, pain hit me in the face like a bullet. I cried silently so no one could hear me.

" Grian" a voice which I presumed was mumbo called out

" Where are you grian" said the swedish voice of iskall

" Grian, sweetie were not going to hurt you" called out a new voice. Based on the higher pitched voice it was a girl and stress monster was the only one that called anyone sweetie.

" I'm not here " I mumbled to myself so they couldn't hear me.

" Grian'' Mumbo said but this time it was louder. He was mumbling to himself about something. Knowing he saw the blood that was all over my base I tried to think of something so he wouldn't be suspicious. The room started looking blurry again and my arm started hurting like crazy again. Somehow I still managed to be silent while they were looking for me. I sighed in relief as the pan started going away/ Just then Light flooded the hole and I looked over to where I blocked off the hole. The bottom block was broken and the other one was about to break revealing my hiding spot.

Not a very good cliffhanger I know But this chapter has passed all the other chapters in length. 1016 words in all. Stay safe and hope to see you all soon.  Bye