chapter 6 - OLD

Grian POV

The top block was about to break revealing my hiding spot. I slowly moved over into a dark corner so whoever it was couldnt see me as well. I secretly hoped it was iskall because he would take one look in the room and unless I'm jumping up and down calling his name he's probably not going to see me. I felt tears roll down my cheeks. What if it wasn't Iskall and whoever it was did see me. Maybe it wasn't a hermit at all and zombies had gotten smarter. Pain got the best of me and I let out a small squeak just as the block broke and a person walked into the room. They looked around and their eyes locked on me. It was mumbo.

" GRIAN " he yelled as he ran towards me with a relieved look on his face. I panic and try to back away. He realises his mistake and slowly approaches me.

" Hey grian" He says in a more calming voice. " are you ok bud?"

I nod my head, " i'm fine" I manage to say quietly.

" Are you sure and what's all that blood out there? Come on let's get outta this hole and talk to the others. We were all worried when we heard a scream and..."

I didn't hear what he said next as I walked up the mine careful to not step in the blood.

" It's cow's blood, " I say when he runs up next to me.

" Ok.. " mumbo mutters. " Are you sure you're alright gri. You look pale" I looked down at my hand and mumbo was right. I was ghost white.

" Yeah i'm fine just haven't gotten out much" I say thinking of a quick lie

" If you need anything let me know ok?" he said as he swam out of my base to the other hermits. I was not proud of myself. It was so obvious I was hiding something. At least mumbos a spoon and didn't notice anything. I decide to take a break and clean up the blood so if anyone else gets curious and decides to come down there is nothing there. I grab a water bucket and start to wipe up the mess. My arm started hurting again and I realize I Have to wait out on doing anything until my arm heals. Then I realize by the time my arm heals It's going to be the next season. I sigh and continue cleaning knowing that I have to keep a low profile if I want to stay hidden from the other hermits.

_ ( time skip brought to you by the me getting distracted with grian's new hermitcraft episode )_

Mumbos not in a meeting POV

I Grabbed my last few rockets and jumped off my base. " Ok, " I said and started going through my shopping list in my head. " Rockets, golden carrots, and some sand from grian's cart " that's all I need. rockets, carrots, and sand. Nothing else. I landed by the tangos rocket shop and started walking over to grian's traveling carts. When I got there grian was also there restocking the nether quartz. It was kinda weird seeing grian since he never really talked to anyone anymore. Actually no one has seen him since the meeting a few days ago where I found him in his blood filled mine. Thinking about that makes me shiver. Once I met up with everyone to tell them I found grian and he was ok they were mad at me for just letting grian go scott free or without at least saying hi and that he indeed was ok.

" Hey gri long time no see" I said waving over to him

" What are you doing here?" He mumbled. His voice was scratchy and seemed like he had been crying a lot.

" I just need to buy gravel, But what are you doing here restocking it at 1 am!" I respond

He shrugged and started to walk away. I noticed he was staying as far away from me as possible without being rude.

" What's wrong? " I said sternly, thinking about what iskall and everyone else said last time.

He shrugged again and started walking away towards the ocean.