His Silent Cry

─────────────────

Sakura sat on the couch that was closest to the window, gazing out to the rain that knocked upon it. A toxic reaction ran through her bones as she did so.

For an oddly unknown reason, the rain brought her to feel unsafe and uncomfortable. The only memories she had about the rain was just from her former village, where it used to rain every now and then and people would run past her to get to their respected homes─ whilst she sheltered in between alleyways with a small cat accompanying her. 

The cat died when it was trampled over by running civilians. 

But that didn't explain why she felt this strange attachment to the rain─ was there something of her memories that she wasn't quite grasping yet? She didn't know. 

Deep in thought, Sakura wasn't aware of the figure that drew near. 

"Do you like the rain?"

Kurenai placed a plate of two cookies and a glass of milk to the small coffee table, earning a small smile from the young girl when meeting stares. 

"Thank you, Kurenai-san."

Kurenai's brow twitched─ she figured she wasn't going to be given an answer then. 

She perched herself beside Sakura and read her own book quietly, the silence overtaking them for a few minutes until the latter finally spoke up. A frown creasing the girl's face. 

"Rain makes me feel weird." she answered, honestly.

"You can talk about it if you want, I'm listening." Kurenai assured. 

Sakura shrugged her shoulders. She really didn't know why it made her feel that way and she couldn't find any better word to describe.

The woman softly smiled. 

"Well, I think you'd be happy to know that it rains in Konoha, but not all that much. There's a village far from here, it's called Amegakure and they receive rain everyday."

The pinkette pressed her lips into a thin line. "Amegakure...." her voice was low. "Where did Kakashi-san go?"

Amegakure.... Amegakure..... She knows that village. An ache pained her throbbing heart. 

"He went to the T&I building." she answered.

Sakura's confused expression had 'tell me more' written all over it, but the only problem was that the older woman wasn't sure if she was even allowed to tell her.

She juggled the thought in her head, Sakura ought to be confused since the only times they ever visited the T&I building, was for her weekly evaluation. 

Kurenai sighed. "You know that Kakashi is a grown man, right? Well sometimes when you grow up, you see sad things and then in the future, it affects you." 

She tried putting it as simply as she could for the sole purpose of not making Sakura worry too much about Kakashi, but still slipping the truth in enough for her to get the gist. 

She thought she did a good job, but when looking down, she realized she couldn't see Sakura's face. Her head drooped down, and now Kurenai couldn't see this but green eyes were widened and knitted brows were narrowed and twitching. 

"Kakashi-san is sad lots, righ'?" getting those words out was harder than expected. 

"..... I don't know."

That was a lie. 

"But sometimes, not everyone shows their sadness."

Those words pressurized Sakura to remember a long haired raven, one which she only met twice and yet created a bond with him that ought to never change in the near nor far future.