He Was Never Her Enemy

─────────────────

"Are you sure?"

The purple haired Jonin stared at her partner with a cocked brow and crossed arms. One day after her speech to him and crying his eyes out with a straight face, there they stood in their hotel room as Kakashi was getting ready to head out.

"Today, I need to be the only one to run on our leads."

"But it's a lot of work for a person to do on their own."

His fingers curled around the knob. "It's the least I can do."

With that, he took his silent leave and she sighed. A small smile crept onto her lips once she thought of the way things were turning out. She didn't expect to reach him the way she did the day before, but it was clear to say that her words took a tole on him. He was the same Kakashi─ same posture, same lazy demeanor, same monotonous drawl, he was the same. Although, there was something different about him. His eyes were filled with emotions. 

His eyes weren't empty anymore. 

"Time to eat!" she cheered. 

He was broken now and emotions were running wild in him. Maybe she would play with his emotions to get him to help himself, and even if that sounded evil, it was for his own good. He needed help, simply put. And as his senior advisor, she would do anything to at least see him with a crooked smile. 

After all, this was for his sake. 

─────────────────

He quietly strode along the corners of the streets within Kusa, as he searched through his leads to decide where he'd begin today. 

He wasn't going to let Sakura suffer any longer. 

He heaved a deep sigh, beginning his mission. He felt himself feel different ever since his talk with Anko─ she said things to him that no one ever dared to. She cracked his pillars, all 4 of them, and now there was no longer a shield to protect himself from his feelings. 

It felt odd to finally let himself feel his emotions.

He dragged his feet with his shoulders dropping down, yet another day he had to live. As he continued to walk, he noticed the colours that surrounded him─ the climbing Eden roses that were gracefully attached onto the fences, gates, lampposts and things of such were blooming to its content and allowed its beauty to be complimented by the bright sun that shone down upon them. The same went for the Sakura trees that were proudly standing high with its beauty. 

It couldn't just be a coincidence that the most noticeable plants were taking the colour of a specific shade of pink that he was all too familiar with─ and Kusa was filled with different flowers that took on the colour of it. 

─────────────────

"I'm going too you fucker!" 

"No, you're not."

The silver haired boy glared at his partner with his arms held crossed.  A delicate frown creased the raven's face 

"You still haven't told us your fucking answer." Hidan remarked annoyed. Having a enough of the lack of reciprocation, he grabbed a hold of Itachi's shoulder and forced him around. "Where the hell are you going anyways?"

Itachi tied his scratched Hitai-ate around his forehead, "A place you can't come." He made his way to the door of their room and curled his fingers around its knob. Before he could exit out of the room, he listened to his partners last words.