The Sun to Her Flower

────────────────────

Kakashi stayed in his house that was more silent than he'd preferred it to be. He wasn't used to this kind of silence anymore due to the fact that for 6 months straight, he had a small girl running around─ tumbling, falling, cheering, and just causing havoc like any other child would. Then, after a month of being alone which wasn't enough time to adjust, he ended up being sent off on a 3 month mission with the loudest woman he knew. 

He sighed. 

He stepped out of his shower and used his towel to dry himself. He glanced over to his reflection from his mirror and stared at it; he looked the same, but felt different. There was a sense of loneliness that latched onto his heart which left him with unease. 

"Kakashi-san!" Sakura bubbled.

Was it really okay for him to think of her?

"You need to acknowledge your thoughts and feelings." Anko opted. "It was because you tried to push them away that caused Sakura to suffer. Not only that, but you're suffering now, too."

What did it mean to suffer?

Kakashi never thought of the fact that he might be making himself suffer, he just thought that the things he was doing to himself were things that he deserved. Perhaps redemption was out of his reach, and so he decided to give himself the punishment that he felt was merited to him. He sighed once again as he dressed himself and left his bathroom in silence. It had been roughly a week since he's been back, and that caused him to wonder what was really going on behind the scenes.

"Go back to the Konohagakure."

Itachi's motives still seem unclear, but considering the fact that he went out of his way to come to him in regards of the matter, he figured that it must've been important. 

He propped himself onto his couch and took out a book that he bought 10 months ago. How a Shinobi Should Die. That was a book that he never seemed to bring himself to finish for the past 10 months. It always seemed like when he had something else to do than to read this book. 

As he sat there and read away, a knock from his door flooded his ears. He closed his book one handed and dragged his feet to the door with a slumped shoulders. Once he finally opened it, he looked down to see two children standing side by side but with different expressions. The blonde boy had a small pink flower in his hand and seemed very nervous. His feet fidgeted together as his ocean eyes dragged up to meet Kakashi's obsidian sole eye. The boy who stood beside him had a more composed and matured demeanor─ although there was a sense of anger that came from him, but also a sense of love that did as well. 

It was a weird mix of feelings to say the least.

"Kakashi..... Where is she?" Sasuke inquired coolly.

"I brought her a pretty pretty flower jus' for her!" Naruto cheered, red in the cheeks. 

The silver haired man stared at them silently, causing the Uchiha to groan.

"I asked where is she?!"

"Not here." Kakashi tutted. 

He was never going to forget the expression that plastered the children's faces.

Ocean eyes foreshadowed tears. "Stop lying Kak'shi-san.... She's here righ'?" He stepped forward and tugged onto the man's sleeve. "Righ'?"

"She's not."

His voice was in it's same monotonous drawl, causing Naruto's brows tie together from sadness. The girl he had been longing to see still hadn't come back, and it was haunting him to say the least. Her disappearance was so sudden and he regretted not hugging her the last time he saw her.