More Flowers to Bloom, Starting Tomorrow

────────────────────

Almost two months has passed since Kakashi and Anko had left Konoha in search of Sakura, and yet, nothing. Very few clues aided them, so they found themselves situated in an ambiance of frustration. Kakashi figured that this would be difficult considering that the Akatsuki was a group filled with the rogue Shinobi from the most powerful Shinobi villages. Although, never did he think that it would have been this difficult. 

"Nothing," Anko exasperatingly said. "Absolutely nothing and I was sure that maybe we would've found something in Kusagakure, dammit."

Kakashi shook his head. "Kusa has always been tricky to get around, we still have a few leads that we haven't looked into yet." 

Dropping her head upon the wooden table that'd been placed between them, she perpetually hit her forehead, over and over, to the point in which it began to bruise. "This place is pissing me off now."

"We still have leads to follow up with." He reiterated. 

She shot her head up, smirking. "Wow, you're the quite ambitious turd today, aren't you?" 

The silver haired man rolled his eye and glanced to the side. Recently, he's been a little more optimistic than usual and she figured that it was most likely due to the fact that he's been most likely sleeping better with the pills she'd given him. She barely ever brought the topic up because she felt that for now at least, putting him on the spot would only put the mission into jeopardy─ but, she did notice the fact that he had been taking the pills regularly. 

Those dark circles around around his eye had yet to disappear. 

Or at least, he tried to take them regularly. 

She noticed that he would take them─ but some nights he would quickly make his way to the washroom and not come out for a few minutes with no pill. It seemed somewhat odd for him to do that, and so she figured that she should pay some mind to it in the near future. 

"Look, we've been working and searching for 2 months now. I think that for our own sanity's, we should take a day off."

The obsidian orb wielder was quick to shake his head, "We have─."

"Hatake, we don't have the time to fool around, I know that already. Although, it's a Shinobi's duty to fulfill their duties to the best of their abilities. Just like the pills, we need this break. For our own sanity's, souls...." Her smirk slightly decreased, "From our troublesome reality."

His masked top and bottom lips parted, though no escaped. His sole eye never dared to betray any emotion to her. It seemed to be that day by day, she was getting better at reading him. 

She could tell he was exhausted. 

"It's 12pm. We have the whole day, use this time wisely because I won't construct another day off like this for awhile."

With that, the Snake-Jutsu user pushed herself off her wooden seat and made her way to her bag where she began to retrieve some of her desired items. The masked man kept his eye on the table as he thought of how the day could possibly go by. 

"I'm going to the nearest hot springs, wanna join?"

"I'll pass."

Anko kept her eyes on her partner a little longer before rolling them and taking her silent leave. Kakashi was left alone with nothing to do, flickering his obsidian eye from corner to corner, he resulted in laying down and reading his novel. 

────────────────────

Things were quiet without Anko around, and it felt nice to just have that kind of silence for awhile. Although with the silence, his mind began to linger thoughts of things that he's been avoiding for awhile. Ever since Sakura was taken about 3 months ago, things had just been going downhill quicker than he could catch up with. It was almost like a clock was ticking, and it just seemed to be quickening its pace without any reason.