A Blossom Like You Will Never Wither

A/N:  This is a slightly longer chapter, hopefully you all enjoy it! 

────────────────────

Itachi was somewhat content with his current situation. 

A week after the Akatsuki meeting, the members began to fulfill their duties that were given to them. Konan had explained the way they would complete them, and this process served Itachi right in ways he didn't know it would. Almost all members of the Akatsuki were out of the hideout and far away to complete their tasks─ leaving Sasori and himself to stay back and watch the hideout. It was rather quiet and peaceful, however Itachi's mind was the complete opposite. He sat in his room and on his bed, with a newly sharpened kunai in his grasp. He knew that what he was planning to do was unbecoming of him, however, he had to and this was his only chance to do so. He tightened his curled fingers that held the kunai and stood to his feet. He made his way out of his room and took his slow leave to the main room where he sensed Sasori's chakra. 

Through the narrowed and dim hallway, Itachi could see the red haired puppeteer sitting down with a plate that seemed to have some food on it sitting on his lap and a canister of water in hand. The young Uchiha pushed his feet towards the older and kept his lips pressed into a hard line. The latter met glances with the the raven for a second before he took a sip from his canister. 

"Do me a favor, Sasori."

"That's a nice way of asking, wouldn't you say?"

The emotionless expression that Sasori always plastered on his face still remained as he continued to quietly eat his food. Itachi stood before him and noticed how his eyes traveled towards the kunai he held. 

"A week ago, you gave me advice─"

"I wouldn't call it advice."

"─ And I've come here to ask something of you."

Sasori let out an empty chuckle and pat the seat beside him for the Uchiha to take. The latter took the offer and sat down, activating his Sharingan during the process.

"The hideout belongs to you and I for a week to keep watch as the others are out running errands and completing missions. Lady Angel confirmed that the members won't be returning anytime before that." He earned a nod, and continued. "We have a week to complete our own business errands and other things we've been wanting to do. I would like to complete something, but I need the help of another to do so."

Sasori abruptly cut in, "I don't have patience for all this talking, just tell me what you need, man."

"I need to go to the basement's 3-cell and see who the prisoner is."

Sasori almost choked over his food to the plea of his comrade. He didn't have to eat food inevitably due to the fact that he was a human-puppet. However, he made his body so that if he wanted to, he could eat─ although only now did he realize that it was a mistake. He jerked his head to the side to meet gazes with Itachi, but to only see that his blood-dyed eyes were serious and stern. There was a sense of determination that lingered in his gaze, causing Sasori to smirk mischievously.

For a moment, the air held itself still.

"And what makes you think that I'll help out a child like you?"

"A week ago, you gave me advice. In other words, I realized that you were trying to tell me that you were there for me when I needed it. Tell me I'm wrong, or tell me otherwise, Sasori no Danna."

His smirk widened. "Don't you think that a puppet wouldn't care about helping others?"

The raven shook his head, placing a hand above his heart. "You're not a puppet, you're Sasori. From the way you formed your wooden body, you made it so that the cylinder that initially gives you life was in the place of where a human heart should be."