Fate

────────────────────

"The clay, how much does it weigh?" Konan entreated. 

Hidan scoffed. "What am I? A fucking scale?!"

Itachi shook his head and bowed, forcing his partner to do the same. "65 pounds presumably speaking, Milady."

She reciprocated a firm nod, scanning the bagged clay silently. "The clay is meant for our newest member, he's currently in Sasori's room. Take it there."

The duo did as they were told and carried the content to the mentioned room. Without knocking first, Hidan picked the lock and opened it wide with a large smirk across his lips. Itachi stepped onto his foot purposefully, causing the Jashinist to curse aloud and screech in utter pain.

Konan stared at them as she walked past to get to her room, she couldn't take the two of them seriously whenever they were together.

Although, that was the very reason as to why she partnered them up in the first place. She figured that after taking them away from their villages and respectable lives, the least she could do was allow them to have friendships. After all, what kind of teamwork would the Akatsuki have if bonds weren't made, right?

────────────────────

 Itachi's straight face turned into a somewhat confused one, when seeing Sasori at his desk polishing his puppet per usual─ although there was a blonde boy, or what he thought was a boy, a really young one sitting on the bed with his legs crossed and the most unamused face Itachi had ever seen.

Sasori would have knocked Hidan out for breaking his lock, although his puppet seemed to be more of his interest than that. "What is it? Better have a good reason for breaking my lock."

Hidan burst into laughter and pushed Itachi to the side, strolling in as if it were his own room. "We got a gift for this fellow here." he mused. Itachi followed him in with the large back of clay still in hand. "This pipsqueak is your partner? What was Konan even thinking anyways?!"

His mischievous laughter echoed in the room which only infuriated the blonde newbie. The younger plopped off the bed and stomped his feet towards the silver haired lunatic. He crossed his arms, causing Sasori to flicker his attention above to observe the situation. 

The height difference between Deidara and Hidan was large, but the former still had enough confidence to stand on his two feet firmly.

"Hmph, who are you calling pipsqueak, jerkoff?!"

Hidan halted his laughter, his grin turning into a line and eyes narrowing before grabbing the boy's blonde locks and dragging him to the floor. Sasori chuckled and Itachi blinked. The newbie groaned, his head felt like it'd been ripped off by the Jashinist's tight grip. 

"Call me that again and I'll rip your balls off next time." He said, letting go of his hair and dropping the chunk of locks he ripped off onto the floor. 

"Hidan, don't push it. He's just a kid."  Itachi noted.

Deidara was ready to retaliate although once his eyes traveled the one who spoke, he narrowed them slightly in confusion. Itachi noticed this although remained expressionless, until the younger stood up and stood before him with his head tilted to the side. 

"Your Hitai-ate─ you're from Konohagakure?"

The Uchiha proffered a small nod. 

"You look like someone I once saw when I was held prisoner there."