Friends

I watched Akaashi set to me again, yes. I ran up and attempted another cross shot, but the wall sent it back. I cursed as i landed, looking to Akaashi. It was the third denial in a row. 

"Just set to Akinori." I mumbled, he would be able to land them. 

"Fine." He said, no fight. 

"Well, i mean.. it's still your choice." I said, not wanting to sound upset that he wouldn't toss me any. 

"I know." He said. 

I 'hmph'd and headed to the back corner, watching the other boys land shots that Akaashi set, then i watched Akaashi not look back to anyone. Whose ball was this? I watched it go back, Nobody was there. 

I sprinted up and brought the ball down on the other side of the net, turning back to see Akaashi unphased by the point. 

"Didn't you see that? You set that for me right?" I asked, he nodded,

"Yes." He turned away, 

"Wait, Akaashi, was that a good hit? Hey.. Akaashi.." I whined, Akinori grabbed my shoulder, 

"Hey we all know that was a good hit." He said and grinned at me. I smiled and headed over to the coach with the rest of the team, 

"I've set up a friendly shared practice this weekend with Nekoma. They've got a few good first years and seeing as our first years haven't bellied up yet, I want you guys to step up your game." 

"Yes sir." We all said. He dismissed us and waddled over to his office. 

"Nekoma, my friend goes there." I said, Akaashi the only one to turn and act interested, 

"Yeah?" He stepped back to walk next to me, 

"Yeah, he's a first year, Kuroo. He's been my friend for a little, I can say that him and his best friend are definitely the talent coach is talking about." I recalled the incredible duo, Kuroo and Yamamoto, I'd seen them play in middle school, then at the park one day. We became friends by meeting up and practicing at the park all summer. 

"Good, then you know what to look for." He said. 

"Oh, yeah i guess i do." I thought about how much i'd learned about their playing style. Yama being hard to read since he was so energized. 

I looked over and Akaashi had disappeared. 

He was at his locker, already stripping his clothes off. I hurried over to my locker, needing to bury my face in something and not worry about anyone seeing me. 

____

The sweaty clothes fell at Akaashi's feet, he picked them up and wrapped them in the plastic bag before putting them in his gym bag. He grabbed the towel and turned towards the showers. 

Bokuto was bent over, his head in his locker. His arms up and gripping the sides, the veins popping out on his hands, jeeze he was gripping that metal. Akaashi followed the back of his neck down between his shoulder blades and down his spine. His ass perked up as he rubbed his face back and forth on his gym bag. 

Weird kid, but Akaashi let that go in lieu of the view he was getting at the moment. 

Bokuto snapped up and Akaashi averted himself, storming back to the showers. He turned on the water and let it just smack into his face. 

"Idiot." He mumbled to himself before scrubbing his skin down. He ignored the semi-boner and went through the list of things he hated. But even the tiny rat dog his grandmother owned didn't undo what Bokuto had done.