Unexpected Encounters

Thank you for the lend of Angel 

"He what?" Angel said, grinning from side to side as she sat near the reception desk of Maria's shop. She had arrived early and while she set the shop up Maria had told her in secret about her surprise meeting with Ville. "He gave me this," Maria said. "I still have no idea what it means," she added. "Ever the puzzle that man," Angel said. "So, what were you going to drop off?" Maria said, recalling she had said so.

"The car number 13, the COB symbol, that scar on your neck in the shape of a reaper's blade," a voice said out of the blue. "I am sorry to be so forward, but after that accident where you...I was...I am a huge fan..and then I thought," the young man that had walked in said, blushing like a schoolboy. "I don't talk about that life anymore," Angel said, pouting. "Oh," Alexi said. "I...I see. I am sorry, I can't help it. I am such a fan of your work, I guess I know how people feel when they see me, and they are fans like you still are. I hope so," Alexi said, grinning, "Alexi Lahio at your service," he said, extending his hand to Angel.

 I hope so," Alexi said, grinning, "Alexi Lahio at your service," he said, extending his hand to Angel

Angel blushed as she shook it, she was definitely a huge fan, and his stuttering was adorable. Still, she did not want to think about the accident. It was marring even meeting her biggest crush at this moment. He really was a nordic god and the man of her dreams. "Well....yeah, I am a fan...I mean, you made me fall in love with this city, this country, and so I moved here, hoping to catch more gigs," Angel said, not admitting she was hoping to run into him.

"I that is so cool, well I mean, I have a gig soon, so if you want, I can give you, and your friend, whom I assume is this young lady, some passes, I can drop them off here tomorrow!" Alexi added, still nervous. "Sure....but you buy beer after," Angel said, trying to keep her cool "Of course!" Alexi said, grinning, "So you are not selling those"? Maria said as he started walking out, almost leaving his stuff behind, "Oh no...not today, but I can stop by with some other stuff you name is Dr. A, right?" Alexi added, "Maria," she said as he walked out, still blushing like a little boy.

"You got him wrapped around your finger," Maria said as Angel finally let out a fangirl squeal startling some of the clients. "And you have to come with me as my wingman to the concert," Angel added. "I do not have much time to be going," Maria started before Angel used her best puppy dog eyes on her. "Oh, ok...I know this is important to you. I will see what I can do," she added.

"But you have to help me with whatever this event is with Ville," Maria said seriously. "Of course! You will love it, I promise," Angel added, "I can't believe you dont know though, considering how long you have been here, guess you really are buried in papers and rocks," Angel said, though not unkindly.

"It's my sad life, "Maria said, sighing as she pondered what in the world she was going to wear. She had put so many clothes away from those dark, rebellious days where black was her comfort; it would be strange to slip into her old skin again.

"If you are worried about clothes, I can give you some, although I am and sorry to say it bigger on the top than you," Angel added. Maria sighed, she was quite flat-chested, "I dont worry. I will try my hardest, now I must get back to work," she added as Angel smiled and waved goodbye, humming contentedly along the way.

That night after work, Maria looked over the symbols venue downtown and grew increasingly frustrated. She was too tired to keep looking. It always felt that way, but somehow she wondered if Alexi and Ville shared the same profession. Somehow she knew she had seen his face somewhere. She just could not place it.

Days later, as the concert approached in a studio off somewhere, Ville struggled to come up with the setlist for the concert.

"You keep switching off the setlist. Are you expecting someone next gig?" Burton asked as Ville changed the setlist for the umpteenth time. "Something like that," Ville replied; he wanted each song to strike a chord in her heart; she always looked so sad, ever since he had met her. For once, he wanted her to blush and smile, to let her inhibitions go. There was a pain in her eyes that he could not decipher, and it was driving him mad.

"Just make sure you are careful," Mige said. He knew that face, his friend was struggling with a new feeling, and even though he was his own person, Mige hoped it was not another bad woman.

"She....its different this time," Ville said. "I can't figure it out, but the more she flees, the more I want her," Ville added, thinking of her soft skin against his lips that night he had kissed her hand. Of her wild spirit, walking barefoot in the grass, of her need to bury herself in the past.

"Just make sure you guard your heart this time," Mige added, not out of spite, but out of genuine concern, he did not want to see his best friend hurt again.

"I will," Ville said as he put off his cigarette, his mind trying to reason with his heart....was he safe this time?

Thank you for reading :D