For You Ill Fall To Peices

The next chapter is up. Thanks for lending me Angel WildChildMary

Alexi helped Angel get to bed but not before making sure she did not need to empty her bowels. She was so wasted, even though she could definitely hold her drink. "I promise not to defile you," Alexi said. "However, as I have been remodeling my house to add a studio, my place is a mess, and we only have one bed, my bed," he said. Angel growled "I...if you," she said, blushing and protesting. 

"Don't worry, I'll sleep on the couch," he added. "Butter Ill kicshk yoursh ass," Angel said, muttering incoherently as he laid her on the bed. "Although I would love to kiss you," he said as Angel fell asleep, tracing her lips. "You have no idea how much I look up to you," he added wonder in his blue eyes, "Goodnight, my red queen of hell," he said, laying on the couch watching over her like her guardian angel.

Maria had been sitting for hours finalizing details for some of the findings in Mozambique, the meeting had taken longer than she expected, and she still needed to go pick up some shipments for the shop. Her day was getting filled with to-do lists. Sometimes it was a wonder she had not blown her brains out...albeit not literally.

Yet, she knew this was better than when she had been with Alexandre, who loved controlling her in every way, what she wore, whom she talked to, where she went, what she wrote about, if she had made the mistake of marrying him, her life would have been over. She would not have done a thing with it....or met Ville, and she thought blushing.

As much as she tried not to think about the beautiful Finn, he was always on her mind, like a soft light on her heart. She wondered if he had really meant those words, did he really want to get to know her? To take a chance? The kiss had been filled with more passion than her body could contain....and she was addicted to the memory of it.

It was Angel who made her pop out of her fairy daydream as she walked in, looking a little tired but no worse for wear. "I spent the night at Alexi's. I have a massive headache, no nothing happened, but I need to go somewhere to get rid of this hangover. Please take me to eat or something, I dont feel like driving. I took a cab here," Angel said.

"I am glad you had fun. Did you kiss or," Maria said, smiling. "No...," Angel said. "But I could tell he wanted to, he let me sleep on his bed, but nothing happened, dammit he is really dreamy, and I dont want to fall for him more," Angel added. "Why not? I thought he was your everything? part of the reason you are here?" Maria replied, sipping on her coffee as they sat trying to help Angel get over her massive hangover. 

"He is...but I don't want him to think I am an easy lay or...just a groupie, no...I want the whole thing or nothing," Angel said determinedly.

"I am sure he is interested. Otherwise, he would have taken advantage of your drunken state, but he really does care about you, Angel," Maria said reassuringly. "How about you and Valo?" Angel said, flinching as the coffee connected with her hangover. 

"I....well... it's complicated, and you see, after you left us that day....we kissed and," Angel cut Maria off whooping and trying to high five her. "But," Maria said sternly as she shushed her. "I am afraid Angel, I have fallen too deep, in the past, and to fall again, but this time its," she added.

"Different?" Angel said. "Yes...he is different, beautifully different, dangerously so," she added. "Listen, I am only going to say this twice, don't blow it...if you are interested, go for it...that guy is pretty selective in the girls he likes, if you caught his eye....believe me, you are lucky millions of girls would do anything to be you, although not me I...only have eyes for Alexi" she added.

"I...I suppose I will try," Maria said, afraid to make a mistake. "But I will take things slow see how I feel," she said. "Don't take ages. All men have limits, you know," Angel added. Maria sighed, knowing she was right if she took too long to decide, she could end up pushing him away, and as much as she was scared, she did not want him to disappear.

As days passed, Maria thought over and over about her conversation with Angel, and Angel promised not to tease Alexi too much either, Maria could tell he really liked Angel, and the irony of him being a fan of Angel's racing would perhaps close that old wound, and give Angel back her courage.

As for her, Maria wanted to give herself a chance. She was just still scared. Alexandre had truly scarred her. She was going to rent a small boat in a lake on her day off to meditate. She had just come back from a meeting with her manager. She was to lead an expedition to investigate the uncovering of new tombs in Egypt. There were rumors of new caves going further down.

As she rowed in the small boat beneath the stars, she pondered about her life and what she would do now....the sound of the water calmly hitting the paddles soothed her soul. She dodged cautiously as she felt a boat rowing close to hers and opened her eyes to look up only to meet his. He was on a separate boat with a beautiful girl with brown hair and green eyes.

Her heart sunk, her lips felt dry, but she needed to be strong. She should have known it was too good to be true, "Oh my apologies, I was distracted," she said, rowing away quickly, her eyes looking elsewhere.

Ville stared at her rowing away; he felt a bit hurt at her reaction. On his boat, the girl was an old friend from elementary, nothing more; she had invited him to hang out. To Maria, though, he knew it had seemed like his current girlfriend was taking a romantic boat ride with him.

"I am sorry," Ville said, not wanting to make his friend uncomfortable, he was a bit upset. After all, he was his own man.

Ville stood at the docks after his friend had left, asking him if he was okay to which he told her not to worry. It took some time, but he finally saw Maria arriving. Her face looked sad but stern "We need to talk," Ville said, approaching her. "I do not recall us having an appointment for an item at the store or anything else pending," Maria said, trying to keep her cool.

"Don't make this hard, please....you know full well about what!" Ville added. "Not sure what you are implying, Mr. Valo, but if that is all, then I bid you goodnight. You should go on ahead. I am sure you are busy," Maria said, walking off before Ville pulled her back by the arm, she struggled to let go. Still, he pulled her to him. "In private for a few seconds, please," Ville said, and the honesty and seriousness in his eyes were the only factors in her allowing him to lead her to the small wooded area nearby.

"I am all ears," Maria said a bit shortly, "I know why you are upset," he said. "Upset," Maria said, laughing "At what?" she added, wanting to walk off. "Don't..." Ville said, pulling her back and pushing her against a tree.

"Listen...as far as I am concerned, you have not yet allowed me to woo you....and sweet, I do not like being controlled, the girl on the boat was an old friend, nothing more," Ville said, leaning into her. "Touche, I do not like being controlled either, and we have not yet...established anything," Maria added icily. "I apologize if I seemed angry," she said. "I believe you are upset, even if you are trying to hide it," Ville said, his ocean scent flooding her brain.

"Why would I be upset?" Maria said, hating the knot on her throat and the tears burning her eyes, "Why don't you stop pretending, I know you want this too...." Ville said, leaning farther into her, looking at her so intensely it made her dizzy.

The world was still for a moment before "I," Maria said as he kissed her so passionately it made her lift her ankle, and she felt her toes curl beneath her boots. She hated that she moaned into his kiss that he felt it too and pulled her close by the small of her back one hand at the nape of her neck.

"Give in to me," he said, finally allowing her to breathe. "Minun Kultani," he added, his heart racing at her reply "I....im..scared," Maria said. "This fortress won't fall...l I have built it strong for you," Ville quoted and kissed her forehead with gentle passion....she was lost in his spell....was it too late to turn back....did she want to? " But...I..things have to go slow," she said, shivering. Ville grinned, kissing her chastely on the lips. His smile was so dazzling,g "As slow as you want baby," he added, holding her close, his heart full, while hers was shaking with dread...would he be able to make her.... feel free.

Thanks if you are here...