Love is Tender Pain

Thanks for lending me Angel

Angel and Alexi sat cuddling on his sofa watching "Child's Play" of course, instead of frights, their reactions included giggles at the props and the ridiculous response of the victims fleeing a small doll. "I swear I would probably either kick him like football or keep him as a plushie, "Angel commented. "I wanna be your plushie," Alexi pouted, kissing her gently on the forehead.

After a few more scenes, and as they watched "Chainsaw Massacre," Angel got up to stretch a bit and get a drink, and of course, she could not resist. She just had to do it. He was so entertained, that she did not expect a tiny squeal to come out of him when she jumped behind him with a growl and a ringtone playing the electric saw right next to his ear. "You nearly killed me just now..." Alexi said, breathing hard as she cackled in laughter while he tried to recover his breath.

"I could not help it...I just had to scare you like that," Angel said, giggling evilly, "You are such a bad girl....and you are going to get it," Alexi told her as Angel winked, and he chased her like a maniac to his bedroom.

"I can't wait," Angel said as he pushed her onto the bed, his aggressive behavior and evil smile, setting her body on fire

"I can't wait," Angel said as he pushed her onto the bed, his aggressive behavior and evil smile, setting her body on fire. "Then, you better have all the gears on your drive ready because I am taking you straight to the highway hell and the stairway to heaven with me," Alexi said. Angel smiled as he did just that.

During the next couple of days, Ville and Maria had barely any time for each other, Maria was still in the works of the details for her excavation trip, and he was recording or doing gigs.

It would be the first journey Maria would lead herself. It was a bit unnerving but exciting. "I just know it will be great!" Emilia, her intern, stated, "I cannot imagine it because the discoveries we could make are so many," she added a spark in her eyes. "I am equally excited, yet we must take all precautions before and when the time comes," Maria replied as they finally opened up the store.

"Can you handle most of the clients today? Besides this, I have a speech to give in about two hours at the University of Helsinki," Maria said. "Sure, Dr. A, I'll let you know," Emilia stated.

"So what we have here is the evidence of the fact that Stone age settlements have been here for longer than we have calculated and so there is so much more left to discover, in regards to history, culture, norms, and even trading, economy, and just, how these Finns of old survived, and thrived creating the pathway for what we know about the Stone Age, in this land" Maria concluded as she prepared for questions from her audience.

"How will the society approach the initial research that will embark upon these findings?" one member of the audience stated. "Unfortunately, that is something that I have not been informed of, but rest assured, we plan to take careful steps to secure the areas first as they are underwater, and extra care will have to take place to secure some samples," Maria said.

"How much do you think we will have to place economy-wise into this project?" someone else asked. "It all depends on how much interest the general population and the local historical societies place on this recent finding; remember this takes funds, and often we do count on our people to help us move these efforts forward," Maria replied.

It took about two more hours to answer questions, and Maria was dead tired. It did not help that she had not eaten anything as she still had stage fright, so it was out of the question before a speech or presentation.

Dazed and tired, she found her way to a small restaurant, not even heeding what she was eating, as much as she loved her work, it took a lot out of her. Thankfully, the shop was not too busy after that, and she was glad to go home earlier. Maria felt like she needed water, though she did not know how to swim, the water calmed her, as much as grounding did.

Maria sat by a small lake dipping her legs in the water, it was such a calming small thing to do, yet it was important to her, like dancing in the rain or running barefoot in the grass. "A siren as well, I see," she heard his voice before she saw him. It was Ville; as always, he seemed to run into her.

"Are you a sailor looking for harbor then, though I do not recall singing a tune to lure you here" Maria replied as he sat close to her, "Perhaps it is the red ribbon of fate that ties us together," Ville replied and boldly held her hand and pulled himself close to her making her blush.

"Then perhaps we should pray upon the seventh night of the seventh moon for fair weather to bring us together when the magpies sing," Maria said, staring lazily into the night sky, while his beautiful self leaned on her shoulder.

"Why not now, sun and moon suffer eternal unrest at being separated, let us not look back into hell, and escape the claws of the underworld," Ville whispered, making her blood ignite, his play with words on mythology was insanely attractive to her

"Only if I can see your face every day, without awakening the ire of Lady Venus," Maria said. "Your shape is enough to awaken all of the demons of my Pandoran heart, and yet as such, you leave me not without hope, that I may now find happiness," Ville said, turning her face to his, leaning in to kiss her under the Finnish sky.

 "Your shape is enough to awaken all of the demons of my Pandoran heart, and yet as such, you leave me not without hope, that I may now find happiness," Ville said, turning her face to his, leaning in to kiss her under the Finnish sky

His lips were so soft, and his scent was that of the forest and trees of oaken leaves, pinecones, and red roses, being touched softly by the ocean breeze. She carefully turned to touch his face and run her fingers through his chocolate curls; he hummed, leaning into her and making her fall on her back against the grass. "Ville," she murmured shyly. "Yes, kulta," Ville said, his eyes alight with adoration and need. "I...we....public...I am, need time," Maria said, stuttering as Ville smiled and helped her up, holding her close. 

"Do not worry, sweetheart, but forgive me. I cannot resist a well-read woman, a beautiful woman," Ville said as they cuddled at the foot of the lake, their eyes shimmering with the reflection of the setting sun, which made her cheeks blush all the brighter.

Thanks if you are here :D