Secrets and Schemes

Next Chapter!

Ville had never felt the need to rough up someone well, not to say he had not had his fights in the past, yet he wanted nothing more than to get his hands on Jack and Alexandre. Yet, if he did anything out of hand, it would look not good in court, and Maria needed clarity. She needed to show her character as impeccable to regain her license and her position in society.

However, watching Jack sit there and accuse Maria with his father beside him, pretending he knew nothing of her, made Ville want to jump the pews at court and strangle Alexandre Mikhailova. 

It was only Alexi that kept him and Angel in check as she wanted to join Ville in the destruction of this man and his son, whose very words sickened them. Through lots of conversation and pleas from Maria (not adding to Angel), the girls had decided to come up as witnesses. Yet the defendant had a strong attorney, and many times, Maria just wanted to quit. 

Maria was sitting all alone in a pub, during a break from court, wanting to forget about all the stress of the trial. The others knew she needed time alone, even if Ville had wanted to follow her, he respected her. After a while, she decided to walk back to court, as she was feeling restless. That is when she saw Alexandre approach her, her heart told her to run, but she was so sick of doing so.

"You know, if you gave me a chance to talk to you, we could end this and go back home, Jack can do a few years for those deaths, but we can restore your license in time and live happily," Alexandre stated. "You are a married man, the fact that you are not respecting that by approaching me and continuing to hurt me as such proves to me that I made the right decision," Maria replied.

"And what is that decision to go off with that Finn, to forget what we had that easily," Alexandre stated. "What we had was nothing but a one-sided controlling relationship. It was over the moment I let go. Why can't you just accept it and move on and leave me alone? Haven't you ruined my life enough already? and as for that, Finn, he has made me happy so much that I forgot about the hurt you imparted on me!" Maria retorted. 

"Ha! I doubt it....as for life, you are the one who ruined mine, making me feel hopeful and leaving me to dry in the sun," he said, approaching her. Her heart skipped a beat. What was he doing? this could ruin the trial for him as he pulled her up and tried to force himself onto her, pulling her into the nearby alley. "Let me go!" Maria said, kicking him hard, making him flinch, which only made him force his lips onto hers as she tried to push him off. 

"I had a feeling you were going to follow her. Well, the good thing about this is that now we can have enough charges against you to mess up this trial for you," Ville said, surprising Alexandre as Angel recorded him. "The bad one is you are going to get your teeth knocked off," Ville said, clocking Alexandre straight in the jaw. Alexi kicked him to the ground, "I will have enough charges with these wounds," Alexandre said. "For defending a lady from being assaulted by the father of her accuser in court, I do not think so, buddy," Alexi said as Angel smirked. They walked off, leaving a paranoid Alexandre behind.

"Baby, I'm so sorry we thought it would be less risky," Ville said. "I hate to play dirty, but he is not playing fair either," Maria replied, "It was the only way, don't worry, I am fine," she added as Angel fussed over her "Well then what say we get back to court," she added. So they did, hoping this was enough to press charges and win the trial.

Thanks for lending me Angel 

WildChildMary