Chapter 2

"We still don't know what happened here, all we can see is the horrifying incident that took the lives of more than 20 people. We just received information about the owner of the convoy, as it was apparently responsible for the transportation of
Sarah Kyle, the woman responsible for the creation of Titan, and daughter of the late scientist Dr. Jason Kyle, to the conference. Her body is still nowhere to be found. "

Back at Dexcorp, David receives a phone call. It was the police:" Dr. Dex, this is NYPD. I think you're watching the news as we speak. " He nodded.
" We need you to come down here and identify the bodies for us. "
He rushes downstairs to his car and leaves for the crime scene. It only took him 10 minutes to arrive at the scene. It was even more disturbing than it was on TV.
Bodies, everywhere. The cars that they were driving, all destroyed.
" Jesus Christ what happened here? How did this happen??" Alot of questions were on his mind.
"Sir?" He turns around to find a police officer. "We spoke on the phone sir. If you would follow me this way please", as he points to a small pile of bodies. "They were wearing their badges with your name on it so we figured they were yours. Recognize any of them?"
He recognized all of them. Men with families and children to look after. "I'll tell their families the tragic news. Anything else? " The two officers look at each other: "There's still one guy. Umm, I think he suffered more than the others as his condition is worse than the them. First stabbed in the chest before getting shot in the head. I think you might want to look at the footage first. "
He knew they were talking about Jack since he haven't seen his body among the others. "Show me"

As he watches the footage, he sees the brutality of the attackers as they take down his men. Only Jack was able to fight back a little longer until his fatal end. "Now of you zoom in on your guy's face, right there, stop right there. If you zoom in you can see horror on his face. He saw something. Something that left him shocked before dying. Can you find out what it was? "
"Sure. Just take the body back to Dexcorp"

Over there, David talks with the scientists:
"Gentlemen, this job is our priority. Jack saw something . And it's our job to find out what it was. Any questions?"
There was a moment of silence before one of the scientists asked "How are we going to do that?"
"By asking him personally",he replied. "Begin the Hades Initiative.
They brought his lifeless body into the lab and they placed it on the table and began to work.
" Sir! The bullet caused severe damage. It flew across his frontal lobe and exited through the occipital lobe. We'll have to change his entire brain in order for us to bring him back.
" Do what you must doc, we need him."
" My God! The blade cut right through his lungs. We need to replace them as well. Bring me all the cybernetic organs we have in stock. And bring me the batteries as well!"
David looked at them as they work. They amputate his entire organs. Arms, legs lungs,brain, spinal corde, all gone. They have connected his heart to a battery to keep it working, his nervous system was damaged as well.
" How thick was the blade?? It caused severe damage. We need to repair that artery. Bring me the nanoparticles!!"
"Doctors how's the operation going?" asked David.
"We're still in early stages, sometimes we lose him sometimes we don't. It's still early to know.
Suddenly they hear a loud screaming coming from inside the room. David recognized the voice:" Jack??!! "
He looked over the table only to find Jack screaming with pain, as the machines continue to dismember him. "Stay with us son".

The operation took four days to complete. But it was all unnecessary. As they were about to remove the wires from his body, his heartbeat stops.
"No no no what's happening?? Why did it stop working??". The heart stopped working due to low power coming through it. "Why didn't you change the battery??shouted David.
They rushed through the lab, searching for a new battery but it was already too late. They lost Jack.
" Did you implanted the telecom package in his brain? "
" Yes sir, we finished the transplantation of everything, even the magnium armor, which I think is the reason why his heart stopped."
"Fine, leave him here tonight. Tomorrow we'll bury the bodies." They leave the lab, shutting down all machines and lights. Hopeless to find out more about the attack, David gets in the car and drives home. Back at Dexcorp, a shadow like figure breaks into the building. He shuts down all security cameras, takes down two nightwatchers with a stun gunand finds his way into the lab." Oh man. They were so close yet so far" as he turns the power back on. "So you're the guy that he put his trust in. Fair enough". He goes to the reactor room, overpowers it at 4000 ampere and returns to the lab. "Let's hope you're right with your numbers Dr. Palmer" as he turns the battery back on. With all the power running from the battery to the heart, Jack screams with all his might as he wakes up. All light bulbs in the room explode as Jack drains all the power from them. Then suddenly everything goes dark. The shadowy figure disappeared within seconds after the scream, leaving Ryder in the darkness. But he could still see everything. Everything was crystal clear, beautifully illuminated. Electric power was still visible from the outside. His eyes and veins were glowing from all the power that was inside him. After a few minutes he was able to see again. He looks down at his body, could see his arms and legs physically enhanced.

He got up, still amazed about his new features. His eyes glowing a bright yellow in the darkness. The place was becoming familiar. It was Dexcorp. He manages to get out of the lab and into the office of his boss. He sits down in his chair and waited.

Next morning, when David arrived at his workplace, he saw the ambulance and the cops. He asked them what happened :
"Some lunatic broke into your building last night. He knocked down your security team", as he points to the still half awake nightwatchers, "but that's not all. Go to lab 106-A4 you might want to check it out".
Lab 106?? That was the lab where they left Ryder's body in. He rushed to the room only to find it completely destroyed. And, as he worried, Jack's body gone. He quickly runs to his office to watch the tapes about last night, only to get startled by a familiar voice:
"Worried about something?"
He turns around. Standing there in the dark a familiar figure:
"Jack??!! Is that really you?"
"Who else could it be?", the other one replied, "I only have one question. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME?"

CHAPTER 3 COMING SOON :)
So many questions. Who was the guy that broke into Dexcorp? What sort of powers did Jack receive with his enhancements? What will he uncover about the attack? All these questions will be answered in chapter 3 to 6. Stay tuned. :)
Follow me if you don't want to miss the release of chapter 3.
If you liked this chapter vote for it and comment your questions. I would happily answer all of them. ❤️❤️
Appreciate your support. ❤️😊
🌎__welcome to the Ryder-verse__🌎